Subject Author Posted Replies

Dishwasher Mount to Granite?!?!?!?!?!?
We've pretty much got our cabinets in and have picked out a nice slab of granite for our countertop. Our old countertop was laminated wood and the dishwasher has two metal tabs at the top above...
10
10

stopping leaks into basement
well, it's raining here (no big surprise) and I finally have gotten a chance to observe the beginnings of the water intrusion into my basement, rather than coming home and finding a puddle on the...
1
1

1995 Mtd snowblower wont start
------------------------------------- I have a 1995 Mtd yard machines 5 hp 2 stage snowthrower. I recently tried to start it in early preparation for winter. It would not start. Cleaned and rebuilt...
11
11

Best Way to Secure Metal to Brick?
Hello, I have a piece of metal that I would like to secure to my brick basement wall. I'm wondering what is the best way? Are there some sort of screws available? Do you need a special drill? What...
9
9

Wiring GFCI help
I have a 30+ year old house. I want to add a GFCI near the kitchen sink This is what I have to work with From the breaker box Red - hot breaker 1 Black - hot breaker 2 White - neutral Both breakers...
12
12

Raising washer and dryer
Hi, I would like to raise my front loading washer and dryer by a signficant amount, e.g. 30". I have an study dining table, but it seems competely unsafe to put them on top of the table since that...
9
9

Bathtub stain
My vinyl? some kind of not porcelain ? bathtub has a nasty blackish stain on the narrow front ledge just under the faucets. I have applied mildewcide several times. Also applied bleach. Also tried...
12
12

TV Plate or ???
I got the funny (aching) back, put cushions on the floor to watch the ball game or whatever on tv of an evening. I'm lower than a couch potato. I'm a floor potato. :-) Also in my second (and...
2
2

Looking for Whirlpool gas dryer solenoids... google comes up empty
Hi folks, I believe one or both of the solenoids in my ~10 year old Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus dryer are failing as the system heats up briefly, then cools down, with a...
3
3

1929 Dining Room Table & Chairs???
I have a 1929 dining roon table with 6 chairs. The table has a leaf that pulls out. Does anybody have any idea how much this would be worth? I am trying to decide if I should have it repaired or sell...
4
4

Water damage during Hurricane
------------------------------------- During Hurricane Gustav we started experiencing puddles of water forming under the carpet. This has happened before during a hurricane about 10 years water seemed...
4
4

radiant barrier in new construction
Suppose a house has radiant barrier housewrap, then 1 x 2 furring strips on the outside and topped with 4 x 8 hardie concrete siding. Would there be any problem if I installed foil backed fiberglass...
8
8

Multimeter Ohms
I've never really understood about MM readouts for ohms. I have here a Chinee-Sears digital MM (maybe $15 on sale) and a circuit that should measure 450-550 ohms. I set the MM to 2k ohms, the MM...
19
19

Where Can I Find a "Carpenter"?
So I am trying to convert my garage to family room. Due to permit rules, I have to hire licensed folks for the major parts. It's a relatively straightforward task, and I want to act as my own...
8
8

Any good contractors?
Hi, My wife and I just buy a house in San Diego, and we are first time home owner, so we know little about home improvement, such as flooring -- hardwood floor and ceramic tile. Can anybody recommend...
12
12