Subject Author Posted Replies

Weedwacker will not start, Fuel problem? craftsman
My weedwacker will not start craftsman 21cc. I think fuel is the problem. I keep pumping the side button to give it fuel 10 times and still the spark plug is not wet when I unscrew it. I tried puring...
12
12

outlet replacements
I wanted to replace the outlets in my house. They are 40 years old and many of them are in pretty sad shape. They work, but they've been painted over and are just at the end of their useful life....
13
13

How to trim out bath vent on siding (pics)
Greetings. Today I installed a Broan bath vent on the outside wall of my bathroom. Because my siding is not flat, I had to cut out the perimeter of the vent as the instructions say. I now have to trim...
15
15

Radiant Floor heating - nonliquid?
I see a lot of "Radiant Floor Heating" with a rubbery tubing stapled under the floor. SInce I tend to be in horror of any kind of leaks, I wonder why they don't use some compresses gas instead?...
24
24

HVAC diagnosis
No. CY: Unlikely to lose the comp and the fan both. Maybe bad relay. Yes CY: And got what results? Even if the relay latches, the points could be burned, preventing contact. CY: That's true. How about...
12
12

Where to buy rabbit ears?
Does anyone sell simple rabbit ear TV antennas anymore? I got my DTV boxes today and hooked one up in the bedroom, turns out that my old rabbit ears allow the box to work, while the shiny new...
15
15

Masking tapes - need to mask off FOAM and ALUMINUM
I have more lumber to paint now and learned my lesson about using cheap brown masking tapes last time...took me a long time to finally get the tape off with razor blades and "GOOF OFF"...so this time...
5
5

how deep should I bury the post on a split rail fence?
I'm trying to replace a post on a split rail fence and I'm having a hard time digging out the remains of the old post. I've gotten down about 17 inches and the post is going to rise about...
9
9

Rust INSIDE a shed
I have an Arrow brand steel shed. Although I have never seen water inside, the inner roof is coated with rust. Additionally, anything steel inside the shed is rusted, even things that I know could not...
3
3

Stanley sliding mirrored closet doors
Anyone know where I can get a replacement track for a Stanley sliding mirrored closet door? I've tried Stanley and all of the subsequent useless phone numers they gave me. Thanks....
3
3

Suggestions for good quality caulk
Hello, Will be replacing 7 vinyl windows in about two weeks. Was thinking about using silicon but think it could be a big mess. Don't want to be wiping excess away with mineral spirits. I've...
5
5

Small freezer
The last time I had a 3 day power outage I lost all my frozen food. I'm thinking of getting a small freezer and "stocking" it with jugs of water. When we have an outage I will put all my frozen...
6
6

Is the underfloor radiant heat viable in my case?
Hi, I'm considering converting two of my hot water radiators to an underfloor heating system. A friend of mine, who is marginally more knowledgeable than me when it comes to radiant heating,...
8
8

slow basement drain
------------------------------------- I recently purchased a new washer when it drains I get water backed up on the floor,it drains,but it drains very slowly. What can I do to solve this problem?Any...
2
2

Is microwave safe without the outside cover screwed on.
I just got out of the hospital with a broken arm and abdominal surgery. (you don't want to know the gory details) It's very hard to do anything. I live alone. I have a small microwave whhich...
27
27