Subject Author Posted Replies

Rubbermaid 3713 shed
This shed can blow over. If it does, Rubbermaid will not help you. They do not warranty the shed READ THE FINE PRINT. Mine is damaged, the gable pieces cost $47 each to replace. Any ideas to help put...
7
7

Dishwasher still leaving haze even without using any soap
Last week I posted pictures of my dishwasher that was leaving a cloudy haze on the glass. The very helpful suggestions were to try it with less soap as it might be soap buildup. So I ran it with just...
19
19

How can you tell if your walls are plaster or sheetrock-drywall?
I have never lived in a house with plaster walls. A friend asked me how you tell if your walls are plaster or drywall. How do you tell?
17
17

Pergo Floors
Hey, Could this be the coolest site on the Internet? Matt Callen is giving away an awesome software package called HyperVRE. Basically what this software does is create websites for you that contain...
1
1

Are old microwave ovens built better than the new ones?
I have a microwave that just died...the control board is dead. I have had this microwave for a number of years and suspect I could wire a substitute for the controller...likely a timer. So is this...
61
61

wooden garage door
Time to replace the door on my 2-car garage. All I'm seeing for replacement doors are metal. Does anyone sell wooden garage doors anymore?
11
11

Tool belt/rig
When I was building stuff around my yard this summer, I bought one of those cheap tool rigs from HD. I hate the one I got. The belt is terrible and the pockets are too small. Since I will have a...
1
1

Lawn mower belt replacement
Has anyone replaced the drive belt on a Lawn-Boy Insight self propelled lawn mower? I'd like to try it myself but I'm not sure how far to take the mower apart to replace the belt. There is a...
6
6

hex nut grabber
Looking for something that may not exist, but I sure would like to find one. I need a nut-grabber. This would allow me to get nuts way up inside something to get 'em started for bolt backup. It...
11
11

Is it hard to install DSL yourself?
I have been trying to get DSL, and they all want to send a kit (assuring me since I am not a technical person at all) that it's very easy to install by yourself. Has anyone here done that, and is...
47
47

Dry (powder) insecticide to kill yellowjackets in wall
I found yellowjackets entering the exterior wall through a little hole. I set up a shop vac near the hole and caught all the bugs entering and returning, and now the nest seems deserted. I was going...
8
8

High Humidity in the home
I have consistently high humidity levels, never falling below 85% in my new apartment. Today my dial reads 97%. It's bothering me because I also dry my clothes inside and they take a very long...
10
10

Weird fitting on a hose bib
One of my customers has a weird thing on one of their hose bibs outside: a large brass or bronze cylinder with male hose threads outboard (presumably female on the other side), and a series of holes...
6
6

Time for a new central AC, need advice.
Well my AC has finally kicked the bucket. I had an AC guy (Scott's AC) come out and he is recommending an Amana 13 SEER unit. Is Amana a good brand? This is just for the unit that sits outside of...
38
38

New Dryer is Blowing the Circuit Breaker - HELP!
The situation is: The house is 100 years old. Has 100 amp breaker service. Bought a new dryer and after 15 minutes of running, it blows the circuit breaker. I would just put in a bigger circuit...
16
16