Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement transformer for sweeper
I have a 12v Model CFV Type 1 Black & Decker Cordless Floor Vac which uses a 12v transformer which I have temporarily misplaced. In the meantime, I found one which I'd like to try out, with two...
20
20

Dishwasher advice
My wife recently washed some kids toys and it ended that we got some sand in our dishwasher. You can hear it every time you pull out the trays and you can see it accumulated at the bottom. What is the...
6
6

home warranty experience
I am writing this post to give an indication to others what my experience has been with my home warranty company, First American Home Buyers Protection Organization. This is not a statement of...
2
2

Weed trimmer rattles
Little Homelite Bandit, in service maybe 10-12 years. Flex-cable takes about 70 degree curve between motor and cutting head. It rattles when running. Could be in the tiny 2-stroke motor, but I suspect...
3
3

Please recommend non-telco long distance service?
A little off topic but because it relates directly to my HOME telephone I thought this group might provide good input. I currently use at&t for my long distance service. I am paying on average about...
30
30

Frustration with Craftsman Belt Sander
I've had this tool for over two decades and never had any issues prior (other than surprise at how much material a belt sander can chew through with each revolution). I was using it this past...
5
5

lawnmower - won't start, spills gas when pull starting
It's an old mower that was given to me. The cap says unleaded gas, the manual says four stroke, so I didn't use premix. Tank was dry, I put in gas, when I yank the starter cord it's like...
16
16

Auto Transmission
What happens if you overfill an auto transmission on a small 4 cil by 1.5 quarts for an extended period. It needs to rev high at first to shift and some slipping occurs when hot. The dealer has been...
3
3

Roof runoff
Any advice about roof runoff which shoots over eavestroughs? Problem occurs at two corners of a steeply gabled roof over a deck. Rainfall collects in such volume that at the corners it shoots a foot...
12
12

Showerhead leak
My showerhead leaks when any other water source is running (i.e. wash machine, dishwasher, faucets, upstairs shower).....what is the problem? It is driving me crazy!!!!
1
1

Front storm door
Im looking to add a storm door to the front of the house. Ive got good skills and was wondering how hard it actually is to install one. Not too much on the net about this as I have searched. Comments...
9
9

Air flow ratings on furnace air filters?
I cannot find any "real" measurements of the airflow through various filters, 3M vs. Accumulair vs. fiberglass filter, etc. I just find discussions about "this one being more restrictive than the...
7
7

Low voltage lighting fixture
Hi, I saw some outdoor low voltage lighting at a local restaurant and I like to find out where I can buy the bulb socket so that I can do the same for my backyard. It seems to be for outdoor use and...
5
5

Lawn mower Dies after a few minutes?
My lawn mower (Craftsman 6hp) starts fine and works for a bit but then starts dying. After trying this for a few times, then I have a harder time to start it. When I prime it and keep trying to start...
14
14

Varathane Finish?
I recovered three tree-ring disks from a 100+ year old tree that was recently cut down. I've sanded the disk down smooth and the rings and rays look really good. I would like to apply a finish to...
16
16