Subject Author Posted Replies

fastening an outlet in a broken outlet box
I'm swapping an electrical outlet for one of a different color. It turned out that the old metal box is missing one of the tabs that an outlet screws into. It's behind tile, so I really...
18
18

HOA: No sod? That's a jailin'!
"Then his daughter drove him to jail. Grandpa had time to do. His crime? He had disobeyed a court order that he sod the lawn..." http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/article847365.ece
18
18

Bury the hachet...? "Electric Fences and Purple $1 Bills???"" ?
Can we like bury the hatchet on the electric fence posting I made? I just have about 20 years of anger built up over kids and adults using my front yard as either a playground or 'shortcut'....
10
10

Doubling electrical wiring
Say I need to deliver 20 amps to a circuit. Is is possible to use two 10 amp wires tied together to do this?
5
5

Leak in basement around PVC pipe through foundation
I have a large diameter PVC pipe which exits my basement for the septic. When it rains it leaks around the pipe. The pipe looks like it was sealed with concrete. I am assuming I will need to chip this...
8
8

Domestic kitchen microwaves above stove.
Seeing a number of installations of microwaves directly 'above' regular electric cooking stoves or 'cook-tops'. Including in a house a relative is considering buying. Wondering not so...
10
10

Suggestions on heating detached garage - running gas? Furnace type?
I have a detached garage that is about 30? feet from the house. It is an older unit that is all brick and insulated. I was looking into running a gas line and installing a gas heater. Suggestions on...
26
26

Does Rust Breed Rust?
A question entered my mind as I was sprucing up my utility trailer. I removed the strap hinges and closure brackets, etc. so I could clean off the rust, re-paint, etc. There are lots of mating...
20
20

new patent--portable alluminum alloy ladder-3kgs only
Have you imagined a portable ladder as light as a notebook P.C.?Take it with you to anyway and put it down and step on it to take photos immediately,adjust the height freely untill satified?Yes, we...

Believe it or not
I thought you folks might get a kick out of this story from my local news today. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17684896/detail.html
2
2

Broken spacer on Maytag Neptune washing machine
I'm replacing the bearings on my Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW washing machine, and wow, the whole rear bearing busted open and spilled its balls. It cut into the spacer, so now the spacer has a...
2
2

House painting - price estimate
I=92m trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a house painted (outside.) This is in the Denver Metro. A couple of pics of the house: is a 1966 ranch, brick walls, so we=92re talking...
21
21

Filling a swimming pool
From time to time I have to refill my swimming pool due to evaporation. Sometimes when I know a big storm is coming I will open the drain and let it drain an additional 8" and I will fill it back up...
13
13

Attic/chimney question
Hello, I have been wrestling with this question for quite some time. I have a two story house with a concrete block chimney with clay tile liner. I have a oil fired forced air furnace with an add on...
10
10

Heatalator help
I have a fireplace with a Heatalator. Years ago it was converted to gas log, which is almost useless for heating. I want to convert it back to wood, but I am not sure the Heatalator is safe. Advice...
4
4