Subject Author Posted Replies

Washing Machine Not Draining
I have a Maytag Neptune washing machine that may be about 10 years old. The machine doesn't fully drain after washing, leaving a small pool of water in the drum and the close are soaked. I need to...
3
3

Glass like replacement?
Hi, Over the years I have acquired fancy furniture that has this form fitting glass surface. This 1/4" glass presents a tremendously hard and useful surface. But brittle. I've made a few inquiries...
12
12

Passing cable via switch box
Hi, For reasons of esthetics, I'd like to pass a 14gage Romex via a switch box on a wall. This is a surface mounted box. This new cable is on separate ckt breaker. Is this allowed by NEC code?...
6
6

prepwork for trim..
I am about to paint the trim in my stairway.. It has 2-3 coats of paint. I know the top coat is a latex paint, and the bottom is lead paint.. I did a swab test and found it out. What would be best...
7
7

Toilet installation
I'm installing a new toilet on a basement floor. I lined up the flange slots with the bowl holes and traced around the perimeter of the toilet. When dry-fitted It slightly rocks on the concrete...
22
22

Anyone have an Orion?
The new stainless steel convection cooker from Home Depot? Works on a small amount of charcoal. Steve

Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40
I've googled this topic and there is two opinions out there. Some say use regular oil because it last longer, others say use wd-40 because it does not collect dust, which will gum up and create...
74
74

SonicScrubber
Is the SonicScrubber power scrub brush any good? Does it work anywhere near as well as it does in the TV commercial? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song...
3
3

how clean does a concrete floor need to be?
...to put down tile? reason I ask this question is I spent last weekend finishing scraping up the old tiles in my laundry room (I'd done the other half months ago; then finally I got sick of...
11
11

OT: Out of jail, new lawn
St. Pete Times this morning has good news, here: interesting note in the story is that the picture of the home, in the first article about this owner's jailing, shows the home to be obviously well...
21
21

Water Hammer - But not your typical kind
I know about water hammer - the loud noise associated with a rapidly closing valve causing the water to slam inside pipes causing them to bang. I also know most of the solutions - arrestors, expansion...
27
27

Chalk Questions
At lowes and HD there seems to bea chalk for alsmost everything but what I need. I need to seal aluminum w/ a white surface to brick or mortar. Which chalk should I use? Is there a chalk out there...
12
12

Upgrading electrical circuit breakers to higher amperage
I recently added some new, heavier-duty equipment to my garage woodshop and am now finding that I'm tripping the breakers more often. There are two circuits in the garage, both 15 amps. The new...
15
15

Ceramic Tile Questions
|I am tiling a small half-bath with an area roughly a little over 4'x8' | with ceramic tile. The old floor was plywood that was screwed and | nailed to the subfloor. There is an area 51" by...
2
2

time to replace water-heater. Brands, models, quality, etc?
Well, water heater's bottom (near pilot light) is getting rusted out, inner "door" is like a quarter eaten away (is no longer rectangular), is 15 years old. (Was looking in home-repair book,...
11
11