Subject Author Posted Replies

RMC conduit going into box w/concentric KO's
I'm using rigid steel conduit with steel boxes where I have elected to use the conduit as the grounding conductor. I have a 1/2" conduit going into a masonry box with concentric 1/2 & 3/4...
10
10

Weird/Funny
Reading the Atlanta paper about the guy who painted his house garishly, among other things, when the city refused his zoning variance reminded me of an instance in Phoenix about 18-20 years ago. An...
5
5

Topping mix directions are messed up!
I'm trying to repair a few small areas in my basement flooring. To do this I plan on mixing, pouring, and levelling as necessary, using a 5kg bucket of top mix, made by Ocean. This is a "self...
1
1

teflon tape
Is there any difference between the yellow gas and white teflon plumbing tape? Seamus J.
9
9

Sealing indoor wall from drainage from next door
We live in a townhouse and the one next door is somewhat higher than ours. Previous owners there installed a BIG pool and didn't do anything much about drainage from their fairly large brick...
2
2

Moen single shower handle
Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now...
6
6

Opinion of Poulan Snow Blower - 11HP
Anyone have one of these or have some info to share? It is selling for $1499.00 at Costco (Canada). See it here: the Poulan Pro with: 11 HP overhead valve Tecumseh Snow King engine, 2 stage. Electric...
6
6

Help with drywall texturing
I've been running into a fair number of drywall patching jobs lately that involve small patches to existing walls. While I'm actually very good at creating good, smooth, even seamless patches,...
8
8

Kenmore Elite dryer won't start
We have a 5 year old Kenmore Elite electric clothes dryer. It has worked flawlessly until last night. When I push the start button it runs fine, until I let go of the button. As soon as I let go of...
3
3

back yard tree
I'm looking for a medium large shade tree for my back yard. I am in SW Ohio and prefer a tree that doesn't make a mess (other than the leaves) and is trouble free to grow. My back yard is...
17
17

Paint with what?
I got some Behr high-gloss latex enamel with which to paint some trim. Using a Peavy brush, roller, or foam applicator all yield god-awful results. Specifically, in the case of the two brushes, the...
9
9

Seeking information about my bench vise.
I have a bench vise that I really like and am hoping to be able to find another one of the same type:- has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:- is the other side showing the...
7
7

Loose front door knob
The inside knob on my front door will not "bite" into the opposing thread. Result: the knob comes loose and people have a lot of trouble opening the door from inside. I don't want to redo the...
7
7

Rolling Stone Oct 16
Long article on McCain. The REAL McCain.
3
3

Ordering Gravel
I've got to order some gravel to expand my turnaround by the garage mostly to have more space to push snow (Maine) and I'm not sure what to order. A friend said gravel is sold by the size of...
10
10