Subject Author Posted Replies

Edible chestnuts?
Having successfully grown a few horse (non-edible) chestnut (and oaks and other varieties) trees over the last 40 years or so I was happy on one occasion to find a few edible chestnuts in a local...
11
11

cats vs. motion sensors
I have had a Slomin's security system in my home for a few years and have been satisfied. However, my fiancee just moved in with her three cats. Now the motion sensor goes off when they use the...
25
25

Thread chaser for rusty drain-pipe cleaning hole?
My house has a drain pipe for the kitchen sink, and the pipe gets plugged sometimes. Then you have to remove the plug or bung from the cleaning hole and run a snake down the pipe. Last time I had to...
12
12

Deck Stain
Had a new deck installed, pressure treated lumber, coastal SC, mostly in a shaded area. I need to stain it a dark green (condo rules). Not sure if I should use latex or oil based stain. Web research...
7
7

vacuum cleaner new
This photo shows the black very thin plastic type filter that sits facing the fan on a household Hitachi CV-SF8 vacuum cleaner. behind this sits a plastic frame with a nylon fine mesh filter and...
15
15

Need Recommendation for Garage / Basement wall
Garage is under family room. Only finished wall is in the back and other side is the basement. There has always been a minor water problem from the garage to the basement in the winter when snow...
3
3

Many ways to VoIP
There are many different ways to VoIP. Learn the basics at: cqVoIPCall - There are VoIP service providers that are very versitile as to how you access the VoIP networks. You can access using PC, VoIP...

Appliance Service Call Prices...WOW
Had a service call for an icemaker problem on a GE refrig., 1 month over warranty. $79 for service call, $90 for 20 minutes labor, $150 for new icemaker for a total of $319. GE "assisted" me by not...
35
35

Sprinkler line question
I have a few busted sprinkler heads so I decided to dig a trench along the line and examine the line. I was amazed that in a stretch of 60' the pipe went from 1-1/2" diameter to 3/4" to 1" then...
8
8

Solid wood door (double door)
I want to replace my current double exterior door. Well it is an exterior door on both sides, the outside is facing the street, and the inside is facing the courtyard. So it's not an entry door to...
4
4

Sum Perch. It's done.
Some shots of my new 432 sf back yard awning. Took a while, being interrupted by some health episodes. Now, we're working on landscaping, pavers, lighting, tilework, canvas work, etc.
7
7

Slow Filling Toilet
Hello, A low volume toilet installed about five years ago now takes on the order of 15 minutes or more to refill. I didn't notice it until recently as I don't usually use that particular...
7
7

Need High Voltage Proximity Switch
I'm looking for a 120VAC proximity switch, SPST NO, something like alarms use on doors and windows. Has anyone seen anything like this? The application is to determine if an x-ray shield is in...
5
5

"Patio Stone" for foundation
I'm building a somewhat "pre-fab" shed. The booklet says use packed 3-inches of 3/4-minus gravel and then patio stones for the foundation -- pressure treated skids will rest on the patio stones....

5 HP Briggs
I have a old 5hp model 130000 B/S engine on my snowblower. Can not start the engine unless I prime it with gas through the spark plug hole. Took off carb and cleaned it also replaced all gaskets....
14
14