Subject Author Posted Replies

Damage recirculating pump?
I live in a condo building that has one water heater for all 20 units and a recirculating pump to keep the water warm to all units. I didn't know we had a recirc. pump and was going to have some...
10
10

Wiring
I need to run some wiring from my attic to the basement. Is it ok to run it down the cold air return?
14
14

Looking for a part - can some one point me to a source?
I have a Sears/Kenmore power spray carpet cleaner model 175-81980C and the girlfriend lost my uphostery nozzle part #643737-692 for it. I called sears Canada and I *think* Sears only carries parts for...
4
4

Driving eye bolts
I am going to have to install 8 or 10. 3/8 or 1/2 for a roof tarp. It there a way to drive them with a battery drill. I am thinking about at least drilling the hole a little smaller than the screw.
19
19

Any issues with transporting/laying down a refrigerator immediately after it's been turned off?
I sold a used refrigerator on ebay and want to demonstrate to the buyer that it's still working as shown in the ad. It's my understanding that if you lay a refrig on its side you're...
3
3

Removing laptop heat spot on wooden countertop?
I have been putting a laptop on a wooden desk countertop in the kitchen. Now there is some heat spots (milky looking) under the laptop. What is a good way to take the spots out without having to redo...
1
1

Foot-activated bathtub stopper? ? ?
We have a fairly new, but out of warranty, bathtub that has one of those stoppers which are operated by the press of the foot. Engaging the stopper is easy enough, but disengaging is all but...
3
3

HOA removes "Welcome home" signs for vet
"[ORANGE PARK, Fla] The family was rolling out the red carpet, so to speak, but the homecoming was dampened by the homeowner association rules. "They removed the welcome home signs and balloons and...
8
8

"Paint your house yellow or go to jail"
So says a village council in the UK. "A WOMAN who painted her idyllic cottage a subtle shade of blue has been ordered to repaint it bright yellow or face prosecution." yellow IS a nice color...
11
11

wireless reading of electric meter
I have one of the digital meters outside that the electric company reads while driving by. Is there any way I can read it from inside my house? I've been tempted to go old school and just mount a...
12
12

Trouble light troubles
The cord won't cause that to happen. I would check the voltage rating of the three bulbs that flashed. If it's not problem bulbs, I'd put a meter on the circuit and watch it for a while, as there...
14
14

Paint & primer
Behr has a product that they call "Premium Plus Ultra", which is a paint & primer combination. Has anyone had any experience with a combination product like that? It runs a couple of bucks higher than...
7
7

Light bulb keeps burning out
It's the little things that drive you nuts. We've got a light fixture over our kitchen sink. For the first three years of its existence it worked flawlessly. We keep it on 24-7 as a night...
22
22

Two breakers, one circuit
Recently, I was changing a light fixture on my back porch and discovered that I had to shut off two breakers to cut the power to the circuit. I take that to indicate that somewhere, somehow the two...
11
11

Laser
If you cut plywood with a laser will it catch on fire?
7
7