Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Boy shocked after man powers up campaign sign
Hill boy * Caught On Tape: Duo Stealing Obama Signs Play Video Video: Caught On Tape: Duo Stealing Obama Signs CBS 2 / KCAL 9 Los Angeles * Campaign closing in contested states Play Video Video:...
14
14

does anyone sell rivet nuts?
subject says all... the "good" hardware store closed up shop. Do True Value, Ace, etc. carry them, or am I reduced to ordering from McMaster-Carr? see p/n 93482A691 at for example. The bracket for the...
6
6

My Laminate experience
No bounce or wiggle or bobbing here. Dirt does not show appreciably. I mop it up with Bruce laminate cleaner once a month, and I use a Swiffer once a month. Takes no time for 5 rooms. No dents in mine...

How to adjust oil furnace electrodes and flame?
Hi folks, I have an old cast iron boiler that used to burn coal back in the 1940's, and had been converted over to heating oil. It uses a pretty standard looking 3450 motor that's about 30...
92
92

gas pipe size
I plan to run 30' pipe to natural gas 3 burner barbecue from the gas meter. Would 1/2" be adequate or should I use 3/4" pipe for that length? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson
10
10

Article: Tools for the kitchen drawer
From Popular Mechanics: especially like the idea of a magnet on the end of a tape rule (for retrieving things...). http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/how_to/4289556.html
7
7

Memories of my childhood toilet
Try Toyo brand. Mine cost $700, but it's been worth every penny.
16
16

Cub Cadet Transmission Filter
Model GT2550 Instuction manual says to change the transmission filter after the first 10 hours of use, but that you can replace the fluid that was drained out as long as it was kept free from...
4
4

Cutting Back On Chlorine In Your Hot Tub
I read this blog post on and there was no way to respond. So I thought I would give my two cents on this very subject and help this person and anyone else who was having a similar problem. The Blog...
9
9

Rolling Tool box
I've been using an old Kennedy fishign tackle box for my locksmith work. But, it's kinda heavy. I've been getting more business at the malls. Have to park outside, and walk past ten or so...
7
7

Pressure Switch on Luxaire Furnarch
My Mother-in-law has a luxaire furnace. The flashing LED indicates that the pressure switch is stuck open (2 flashes) - this is probably because the fan with the pressure tube does not start. If I...
20
20

My engine needs to be changed
My mechanic told me that my engine is bad and needs to be replaced. The cost is more than I paid for the car. Can I avoid the cost by just changing one of the tires instead of the engine?
14
14

What will dissolve Shoe Goo quickly?
Anyone know of something that will quickly dissolve cured Shoe Goo - the stuff in squeeze tube that cures to a rubber-like material? I've tried paint remover - both citrus-based and the automotive...
33
33

Propane vs gas
My sister has propane at her house. The propane company shut off the tank because they said they tested the line and found evidence of a leak (without knowing where the leak is). My sis called a...
7
7

Sanitize Used High Chair
oil-based soap solution with some alcohol added, to avoid wood damage and rust. Good suggestion. I'll do the same thing. Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at