Subject Author Posted Replies

Pressure Washer GPM
I understand that GPM can be as important or more important than PSI for "getting work done". So, I'd like as high a GPM as possible, obviously. I'd be using the pressure washer for occasional...
19
19

Weldwood contact cement good to re-bond running shoe parts?
Anyone have any experience using Weldwood contact cement to re-adhere glued-together parts (thoroughly cleaned of course) of a running shoe such as the bottom sole layer to the spongy portion of the...
7
7

Question about old heating oil tank
My heating oil tank is pretty old, and is located in my basement. I have no idea how much rust might be inside it. Is there any way to gauge it's structural integrity and approximate remaining...
32
32

Getting rid of Trick or Treaters - Permanently
I knew this was going to be another year when there were hundreds of stupid costumed children ringing my doorbell on Oct. 31. This year the doorbell has not rang. What I did was remove the wires from...
8
8

Transition 1-1/2" PVC to 3/4" PVC
I would like to transition from a 1-1/2" diameter sch 40 PVC pipe to just 3/4" diameter. Is there a reducer for this or do I have to go from 1-1/2" to 1" and from 1" to 3/4"? Thanks, MC
8
8

Home Depot Stairs
Hi, does anyone know where I can purchase the portable stairs that you see in Home Depot aisles? These are the type of stairs that allows you to reach the upper racks at Home Depot, and they are on...
5
5

Review: Zenith DTT901 DTV converter box
Just used my gubmint'-issued $40 credit and bought the box (at a local Circuit City). Got the only one they had, the Zenith DTT901. Now I'm wondering whether I should have shopped around...
32
32

Patching Painted Concrete
I have an interior concrete wall that has been painted with what seems to be swimming pool paint - turquoise and tough as all get out. Unfortunately, the painter didn't patch the imperfections in...
3
3

Brand New Cub Cadet -- Lasted For One Minute
GT 2550 Started right up and ran at half-throttle for a minute per instruction manual. Moved to 3/4 throttle and it stalled. Now won't start at all, or even grind. Just a clicking noise. Man, this...
28
28

Running wires from the attic to the basement
A few days ago I posted a message about running wires through a cold air return. Here's more info about the problem. I have some exterior lights on the second story of my house that I want to...
11
11

Another new McCain Team member!!
Just another hard working American Olddog hollywoodgrind.com hollywoodgrind.com
4
4

Trying to wire a pumpkin for 220volts
I'm trying to wire a pumpkin for 220volts. The reason is to remove the demons from it. It says in the early editions of the Bible that on October 31, all pumpkins must have their demons removed...
7
7

Which lightbulb for my recessed lights?
I have the H5ICAT (5") with 5020SC (specular clear w/ white trim). I just installed 6 of them in my livingroom and am limited to either: BR30 - 60 watt - Socket in HIGH position PAR30 - 75 watt -...
2
2

Old timer question
What was the old term for square nuts (note: NOT a medical condition) ? Was it something like nibs?
6
6

Clean ext. wall before painting?
I'm about to re-paint a garage with same color --BM Navajo white. It's kinda messed up, with bald patches where I had adhered those little round discs that held vines. Question: Should I hose...
8
8