Subject Author Posted Replies

Rear derailleur replacement question.
I have a mongoose mountain bike with 3 gears in the front and 7 in the back. The rear derailleur is all bent up and needs to be replaced. Is it easy to do? Do I need special tools? What kind of rear...
6
6

Magicjack Echo Problem
Having an echo problem started a few weeks ago. Support takes me through a set of trouble shooting procedures and then repeats the procedures to no avail. Tried it on all of our three systems 2 Vista...
12
12

Is Diamon-Fusion worth the price?
I am about to replace a shower door unit. When the installer came out to measure, he recommended that we get the glass treated with something called Diamon-Fusion. He said it would make the glass...
23
23

Westinghouse stove too old?
My stove is about 35 years old. I never was able to locate the model number. One of the eyes went out, and I have been using only 3 for years. Well my dryer went out, so I called the repairman. He...
5
5

teledyne laars series one pool heater
I have a teledyne laars series one pool heater - installed 1989. It has a spark ignition driven by a Honeywell Ignition Controller. Did not light - replaced the Ignition Controller - now it lights but...
4
4

Tool with "pleased wife" guarantee
Black and Decker is in trouble. "...[The Swedish] Ethical Council against Gender Discriminatory Advertising (ERK) slammed an advert that promised beauty treatments for the wives of men who bought its...
2
2

MultiMaster Clone in Harbor Freight, Any Good?
I have found a MultiMaster clone in Harbor Freight catalog. It is also shown in this URL: am looking for something like this to work in my boat and around my house. But I am not sure if this model is...
15
15

Got a Weber grill? Got a shop-vac?
Make your own glass! Article and video of someone with way too much time on his hands. http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2008-11/making-glass-grill-video

Thermostat
Our thermostat for the heating/ac unit needs replacing. Which kind provides most reliable service and best value in your opinion? Thanx.
26
26

Attaching a post to a concrete block wall
Need to repair a fence. For end post, am planning on attaching it (4x4 PT) to the edge of a concrete block wall. Dunno if the blox are filled or not, so would assume not. The fence is a low (~5'...
6
6

Harbor Freight Tools
I have bought from them quite a few times during the life of my never ending, ever expanding remodeling project. My experience is their hand tools are really good, at least to a layman like me, I like...
50
50

Drill a hole in concrete block wall for a 1/2" PVC pipe
I would like to drill a hole through my 8" concrete block wall to pass a 1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe through from the outdoor to the inside courtyard area to continue the sprinkler branch. Problem is I...
7
7

Applying Pliobond - directions on bottle and on package aren't the same
In this case, looking to apply to running shoes per a recommendation in the running group. Bottle says: Apply Pliobond contact cement on both surfaces. If absorbed apply additional coats. Allow cement...
4
4

General Electric Air Wall Register
Hello, I am about to reinstall an old General Electric "Air Wall" register. On the back side, there is a strip of metal running around the inside of the perimeter of the register. It is about 1/4"...
2
2

Cutting Countertop.
I've pulled and replaced countertop (same piece) several times. This time I think I need to replace some. Just going to use some 9/10 ft store stock stuff. Question is in regard to cutting to...
28
28