Subject Author Posted Replies

HVAC Heat Pump Question
I have 3 new heat pump systems in my new well insulated home. Two of the systems were working fine. The other system was had been set to 68 for several days. This morning it was 36 outside, the actual...
7
7

How do dryers sense moisture?
I'm having a problem with an Estate gas dryer, model # TGDS740PQ. One of the symptoms is that the Timer knob moves when in Timed Drying mode, but not when in AutoSense mode. The other symptom is...
10
10

WD-40 New Can
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a can with a built in straw. I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that is over.
21
21

Hidden dangers!
Just a friendly heads-up for all you fellow construction workers. Before you renovate your home or office building, have it inspected. Sprayed on asbestos products was commonly used to fireproof or...
3
3

lead (drain) pipe, drum trap questions
We have a bathtub that has a drum trap - which appears to be lead, as do the connecting pipes. (The stack is cast iron.) The trap is leaking. I'm thinking to cut the lead pipe on the stack side of...
10
10

Sprinkler repair question
I have a 1" line feeding 6 Anti-Siphon values. The Anti-Siphon values are above ground and the line between each before the line goes up is about 4 to 5 inches apart. I have a leak and removed the...
2
2

Frigidaire Gallery Fridge Leaks around water filter
The url shows the unit. (scroll down) Changed the filter about two months ago, the large o-ring today. Recently it started leaking. If you remove the cup and replace it, it seems to work fine (no...

Heat & Glo programmable thermostat?
Hi, I have a H & G 6000glx-ipi fireplace with the wsk300-hng wall thermostat. While this thermostat does a lot, including temp control, turn aux stuff off/on, countdown timer, etc, it can not be...
2
2

Worcester 24CDI boiler problems (2023 Update)
Hi Ive searched the net for an answer to a problem i have with my worcester bosch 24cdi boiler but to no avail ! Rather then sign up to some random diy forum i thought i might as well try here, and...
2
2

Your Experience With Residential Energy Controllers
In August 2008, the guy who sold me a home generator talked us into getting an energy controller. He claimed that it has cut his kwh by 25%. Here's what the manufacturer says: 8-10% realized in...
6
6

Electric Garage Heat
I wanted to tap the vast experience here if I may on an electric garage heater for my home. I have a 960 square foot insulated pole barn with 11' ceilings that I want to add some heat to for...
17
17

Connection to cable constantly lost
I have a whole-house surge suppressor built into my circuit box, and I also have all electronic equipment attached to separate surge suppressor. My CPU and monitor are connected to an APC back-up UBS....
56
56

Temporary closing PVC drains
I'm building a bathroom wall and need to install a new PVC double san-T (2") in the vent stack before installing the wall studs. What do plumbers use to temporarily close off the open pipes for a...
8
8

Need help finding replacement combustion motor for Payne furnace
Hi there! Hopefully you can point me in the right direction for finding this part. My parents have a Payne furnace that is a few years old. The combustion motor has recently started to fail, as I am...
14
14

Buying Garbage Disposal
Thinking of getting Insinkerator Evolution Essential or if we should get their Premier model with the Auto reverse grind system sold only at Lowe's. Both are the same price, Essential has 6yr...
8
8