Subject Author Posted Replies

moldy smell from sink
I have two sinks in my kitchen. One main sink, which gets the majority of the use and one sink in the island, which gets little use. The island sink drain emits this moldy smell all the time. I've...
17
17

sealing concrete cracks
I have a crack - expansion joint - in my shop concrete floor that extends to the outside underneath the exterior wall ( I can see daylight from inside the shop) The pesky ladybugs, etc like to line up...
4
4

new water heater drain valve
ok I went to sears and got a 40 gallon gas water heater. brought it home to do some new item maintance on it so it will last longer. I'm trying to install a brass drain valve,instead of the...
8
8

Storing a room air conditioner
Hello. I have two window room air conditioners. In the past I have placed them in the basement during the winter months. This year I put them in my unheated attic because it is a lot closer to the...
8
8

Question About A Valve
Hi All, I found, when I stepped out of my car at the mall last week the following: A Clayton Automatic Valve, Part# 71943-03- Can't find the owner and can't find much info on it. Anyone have...
2
2

Locking in Natural Gas Price
I live in Massachusetts and my natural gas is supplied by Nstar. I have been given the option to lock in my gas price for this heating season at $1.2624 per therm. It is also noted that, as of Nov.6,...
23
23

travertine kitchen backsplash-mastic question
Purchasing 2x2 and/or 2x4 traverstine tiles, 1 sqft sheet with a mesh backing. 32 sqft total. Installing it on a clean excellent condition finished home kitchen backsplash, the usual plasterboard...
2
2

Keeping maintenance records
I have been using Yahoo's calendar for years and I love it. Anything I need to remember is there permanently. I keep up with doctor's appointments, flu shots and med refills. I use it for car...
27
27

Ice & Water making Fridge Leaking at water spout.
We have a Whirlpool Gold fridge, that comes with ice maker and water spout. I connected RO water system a month ago as the water supply. And just yesterday the water spout at the dispenser station...
7
7

5 yrs on washer hoses?
Hi All, My Maytag manual says to replace washer water hoses every five years. I presume they are talking about those all rubber hoses. Does this five year replacement plan also apply to my (expensive)...
22
22

please recommend a set of durable outdoor garden lights
I am replacing some old 12v outdoor garden lights for a friend's walkway. They look cheap and are falling apart after 5-years. I want to replace them with a set of durable ones that look nice. I...

Compacting crushed stone foundation
I'm laying a shed foundation of 3/4" crushed stone. Due to levelling issues, I'll be putting down around 12" depth of it (about 7 yards total crushed stone in a 144 sq. foot area). Question:...
6
6

Our water heater is 14 years old - replace it?
It's an A.O. Smith 40 gallon gas water heater. We can get it replaced, no worries financially. Bradford White, $800 installed. I just want to know how can you tell how long it will continue to...
59
59

220 hot tub wiring
Hey all, I'm hooking up an old hot tub that I have been rebuilding - ( new pump, heater, ect) I'm to the point that I want to take it "live" so, I though I'd get some feed back on what I...
2
2

Your Preference: Laminate Vs Wood In Bathroom Cabinets
Comments, please.
18
18