Subject Author Posted Replies

wall paper steamer for?
has anyone tried a wall paper steamer for removing popcorn ceilings and walls? seems it might be a possible solution?
8
8

Vent Free Gas Logs
I want to install vent free gas logs in my fireplace and am looking for some advice. I currently have a Superior BRF 4375 fireplace insert that is vented and I have been burning wood in it for the...
4
4

Faucet Valve Handles Difficult to Open (Sometimes)
My bathroom lavatory faucet handles are difficult to open, usually one or more times a day. Usually they open easily. Opening either one will cause the flow to run out fast, then slow to a normal rate...
4
4

Water dripping from roofing nails in attic
I was up in my attic this morning and noticed little bits of ice lying around---small balls, perhaps 1/4" in diameter. What seems to be happening is that water is dripping from the roofing nails, then...
6
6

OT... I got HOSED
Good Grief, I got hosed by an internet company. In this day of trying to find bargains because of money is tight, I got taken. I was looking for restaurant coupons on the net, I came across a company...
9
9

removing sections of drywall (and putting them back)
I want to run some new circuits to my drywalled and insulated shop. The panel (100A seperate from house with shutoff at the pole) is about 2 feet from the ceiling and the outlets are 20+ feet away and...
11
11

Thermoplastic/Torch/Mop?
I have a flat roof in So Calif. Several ponding areas, especially near HVAC ductwork boxes. I am considering Torch, Mop and Thermoplastic/PVC. What is the solution that is most impervious to ponding...
3
3

Flat Roof Repair With Henrys
I have a composition on flat roof. I had a area that had delaminated as a bubble, as I have been unable to chase a leak, and tore a 8"x8" section of roofing out, and the paper underneath as this is...
1
1

replacing spa circulation pump from 110v 33watt to 115v 98watt
Hello, I have to replace my circulation pump in my hot tum that is 115v 33watts. I see many that are 115v 98watt for cheep on ebay. Can I use the 98watt pump in place of the 33watt? Or am I looking...
2
2

Plumbing help...
Right now my washer and my water filter/softener system backflush hoses empty into my cellar drain for some reason will not handle it anymore and overflows so what I need to do is set it up to empty...
5
5

Garage Ceiling Sheetrock Wavy/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
In our almost 30-year old Florida home, we have a garage that is about 20-ft X 24-ft. We had the roof completely replaced several years ago and have been doing some upgrades. The garage is a normal...
20
20

Venting for air-conditioners placed under raised deck with enclosed sides.
I own a rental townhouse in a complex where the builder did not put in A/C units. The location for the A/C units, for those that wanted them, is under a wooden deck that has about 5 feet of height...
4
4

Setback hermostat with Radiant Heat
I'm wondering if it would be best to use a set-back thermostat with radiant heat. Currently all the rooms have bamboo flooring and it works great. However, the thermostat is set at a constant 69....

question on T-stat w/remote sensor wiring
I have a White Rodgers T-stat in a multi-family home that I'm trying to hook up a remote temp sensor. I have a basic steam boiler with the connections to the T-stat as shown on the top of page 4 I...
3
3

Framing shed walls, 2 nails per stud?
hi everyone, i'm in the process of framing the walls for my 10x15 shed. I have 2 questions. i'm using a framing nail gun (3.5 in) I have a ton of galvanized nails left over from the foundation...
10
10