Subject Author Posted Replies

Do I need a garage subpanel?
I need a 240v outlet right now, and I want to do a full rewire of the garage in the near future. A subpanel sounds like a really neat idea. The main panel is just about full already and I just like...
12
12

PVC pipe
Any way to decouple pvc once it's been glued? I've got a piece I'd like to take off. It's too close to the wall to cut. If not I'll have to rig up something else to get the drain...
13
13

It's come to this...
Hint: unless you see things like "gentrification" or "urban renewal" cropping up in the papers in respect to that particular section of town, real estate is not a good investment there. nate
33
33

vent-free gas log sets
I can't believe nobody knows anything about vent-free gas log sets. A big disappointment from a group that has so many new threads going.
3
3

Air Nailer vs: screws, vs: hammer and nails
Hello, I am putting down a 1/4 inch plywood subfloor over top of existing 3/4 inch plywood. What kind of fastener should I use?. I have an air stapler that puts down 1/4 inch wide staples or an 18...
1
1

OT, Using Amplified PC Speakers on DVD player
I got one of those small portable DVD players. I got it mainly for when I go camping, or want to watch a movie when I work in the garage, or when I have to wait in the car for my wife, while she is...
7
7

Power drill/driver
I've accepted that my power drill/driver disappeared last year, though I've still got one battery and the charger. I need to decide what kind of replacement to get. Do I need 18V? I assume...
17
17

I want a solid gold toilet seat
I want a solid gold toilet seat. The entire seat must be reeal gold, not just a gold plateing. Even the hingers must be pure gold. My ass is very impotent and derserves the best. Money is no obgict. I...
5
5

Metal plates on studs to protect plumbing
I know that studs need metal plates over studs where there is plumbing too close to the wall. This is to protect a nail going into the plumbing. I'm wondering about exceptions. What about plumbing...
6
6

(in North-East USA): Must *every* leaf be blown from lawn?
Subject: (in North-East USA): Must *every* leaf be blown from lawn? A couple of people (have nice lawns, gardins, and so on -- and tell me that I *must" get rid of *all* thse leaves. Question: is this...
28
28

sorta OT: why don't stores get a clue?
am I the only person in the world who likes to buy a consumer good ONCE and expect it to last until I am sick of it? Today I'm specifically referring to bathroom fixtures. SWMBO thinks I'm a...
19
19

Are name-brand low-energy fluorescent "Green" bulbs any brighter than store brand?
Just got a 4-pack of the Walmart "Great Value" version of these energy- saver style fluorescent 23w bulbs which they claim are equivalent to a 100w incandescent bulb. Not even close. It's about...
64
64

cell phone reception in a new house
This may not be the right newsgroup so forgive me. I have a house that is about 3 years old. I know there is foil lined walls and roof (inside). As a result the cell phone reception in this house is...
32
32

Run ice maker line in the cold air return in slab?
I need to run an ice maker line around 50 feet from the softener and RO system. I'm on a slab so that presents a problem running the line underneath. It gets -20F about once a year here so running...
4
4

Ideas, Raised garden
on 11/28/2008 6:53 PM cshenk said the following: Poured concrete? Where are you, and how are the winters there?
12
12