Subject Author Posted Replies

Buffing Hardwood Floors
Hi, I just moved into a new house. The builder did not do a great job with the floors. There looks like small bubbles on the varnish and it doesn't seem smooth. If I rented a buffer and ran that...
9
9

Porter-Cable Bammer Cells
Has anyone found a source for the Bammer Fuel Cells since PC announced that they would no longer produce them? I have 2 of these tools & would hate to throw them away. All I have found so far are...
9
9

water heater problem
Hello, need some suggestions if anyone is willing: A.O. Smith water heater, not more than 3-5 years old. Diagnostic LED's saying "System Lockout" which manual says is: 1. Gas supply is off or too...
3
3

Amateur-built homes faling down
"RESIDENTS of a model housing estate bankrolled by Hollywood celebrities and hand-built by Jimmy Carter, the former US president, are complaining that it is falling apart. "Fairway Oaks was built on...
33
33

Easyboard
I just installed 1/4" Hardibacker cementboard for a bathroom floor tile job. Just wondering if anybody has tried Easyboard for this type of application. I know the manufacturer's website says it...
1
1

Retro style light bulb source
I just bought a big pile of 1930's light fixtures to install in my home. I would like to use vintage looking light bulbs. Anyone got a source? cm
5
5

resurfacing pool
Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a pool? I have a concrete pool which has been painted with an acrylic paint. Can I use regular plaster on top of this? Or do I have...
4
4

Clapboard - painting not required
Has anyone heard of clapboard that has the color going all the way through. I currently have Hardie concrete siding and the paint lasted about 2 years. My thinking is if the paint went all the way...
4
4

Plumbing: coupling question (photos)
OK, here's an overview of the problem: is the result of two separate leaks over time. It's a finished basement bedroom, and was a pretty low priority, so it languished a bit. Home was built...
8
8

Need window parts for Lockwood Double hung windows (2023 Update)
I have have a house full of double hung windows. ( actually only the lower half raises and the upper half stays fixed) The spring has a plastic cover on the upper half which has become brittle and...
4
4

Towel warmer rack installation.
I have a new heated towel rack that can be either hardwired or "soft -wired," but there is a (rubber coated) switch on the unit that is of concern. The rack is 2' wide, 40" tall, mounted to the...
9
9

Backup Sump-Pump Problem
All, When testing my battery powered backup sump pump a few weeks ago, I noticed it wasn't pumping any water (it was making noise like it was trying to). I disconnected and then re-connected the...
18
18

Venting Dual Hot Water Heaters
I'm looking at replacing my 17-year-old 75-gal Hot Water Heater with two 50 gallon units. The current one vents into the chimney by way of galvanized ductwork. What is the recommended way to vent...
15
15

Higher flow solenoid for fridge water dispanser?
I'm trying to increase the flow of water through the water dispenser in my fridge door. I've narrowed the problem down to the solenoid at the back of the fridge that only has 1/4" tubing ports...
8
8

Ceinling Fan is Gone
I removed a ceiliing fan in a room that it should never have been in. The ceiling is too low in that room for such a hefty fan;And it made a huge difference. Now the ceiling looks high and the room...
12
12