Subject Author Posted Replies

You can too recharge "nonrechargeable" batteries
I just did it. The display on my little phone-answering machine was blinking "BL", so I took out the 9-volt battery (Eveready "Super Heavy Duty") and stuck it in my little ni-cad charger overnight....
18
18

Fascia board material
Hi everyone, Working on building a shed. i'm at the roofing stage, i've got 2x4 rafters to which I will be attaching a fascia - what kind of wood should I use for this? Pressure treated...
6
6

water heater
We changed the water heater last week. This is a HUD approved model for mobile/manufactured homes. The cold supply comes in at the bottom and so there is no dip tube. It has been in use 5 days now....
2
2

Double hung window repair
I have have a house full of double hung windows. ( actually only the lower half raises and the upper half stays fixed) The spring has a plastic cover on the upper half which has become brittle and...
8
8

wiring - can this be done
Here is what I want to do. Two switches (A&B) in different locations that control a single outlet (C), this is easy enough with 3-way switches. But I also want to have a second outlet (D) that is only...
9
9

Toilet Woes
Hello All: I'm hoping that someone out there can point me in the right direction on this one. I was replacing the guts of a toilet for a friend of mine and installed a flowmaster ballcock. This...
8
8

Magic Chef washer won't spin, please help
I have a heavy duty Magic Chef washer that doesn't want to spin. Sometimes I will hear it start to spin like for half a second and then nothing. Please advise. TIA
2
2

sister an old floor joist before running pex?
I am running radiant pex in a 50 year old house. In the unfinished basement the floor joists are exposed. They are 2x8. I will have to drill a number of 1.5" holes near the ends of the joists so that...
7
7

Brick or Brick Veneer over Stucco
We've been living in a poorly constructed new home for the past 19 months. After all of the legal maneuvering by the builder not to fix anything, other than just slapping another coat of paint on...
5
5

You changed it, right?
...HVAC filter first of the month? Next month is filter and your underwear.
4
4

Bronze Pump
I used to like to buy bronze pumps because you could always repair them. Guess what, you can=92t get parts for them anymore.
19
19

How, Get Rid of Interefence from DVD
I have a memorex dvd, in my living room, and in my bedroom I have 2 am radios. If the dvd player is plugged into the outlet(even in standby mode, switch off) I get a tremendous amount of static on my...
12
12

Question re snow blower friction plate?
Snow blower stopped 'driving' after two passes. Its a very ordinary about 6 HP horizontal shaft Tecumseh (very similar to B&S) and about 28 inch wide. Expecting it to be a 'drive chain...
7
7

insulating / weatherproofing power outlets
One home weatherproofing step I am taking is to add foam insulation inserts behind the plastic covers on power outlets in my home. Mine is a 120 year old brick Victorian, the end unit in a row of...
8
8

TV Speaker Recommendtaion
I purchased a Samsung HDTV (model LN46A540) and am looking for recommendations for: - External speakers, and - Wireless Headphones I am not interested in a massive "home theater" but just better audio...
27
27