Subject Author Posted Replies

Slower spinning maytag washer
Please help! I have a Maytag washer model #LA612. It is not spinning as fast as it should leaving the clothes damper than they should be. It seems worse on heavier loads especially jeans). I am...
4
4

pull-down/fold-up or telescoping attic stairs?
One option is to replace my broken pull-down wooden attic stairs, rather than replace a broken lift mechanism with a sheared pivot pin. Anyone install and use a telescoping ladder as opposed to a...
3
3

Saving DTV stations
I got a DTV converter. This is a rural area and the stations come from two directions. For analog I had to rotate my antenna to get stations from both sides of my area. Its the same for digital. The...
8
8

Attach baseboard to concrete block?
I want to trim out about 80' block wall with baseboard at the top where it meets a drywall ceiling. What's the best/easy way to do it without cracking/splitting out the block? TIA
7
7

Why Hire a Handyman for Your Home Repair Job?
Craftsmanship is a crucial factor in the success of whatever home repair and maintenance job. With the right skill and enough experience, you can do the job efficiently. But without them, you are...
8
8

Review biscuit joiners
Need to buy biscuit joiner for several projects, and would like to know which to buy.......
8
8

As seen on TV! The super incredible Grab-It screw extractor!
Just saw another one of them Billy-Mays-style commercials for the next product that You Must Have: the Grab-It Damaged Screw Extractor. Anyone have any experience with this tool? Is it actually better...
6
6

Are there any single pane replacements for failed double pane windows
Hi All, For whatever energy saving get from my "double pane" windows, it can not make up for the expense of having to replace them every ten years or so. Are there any single pane replacements for...
16
16

how quickly can a furnace raise house temp 20F?
Just had the blower motor replaced on our York furnace this morning. Outside temps were 20F today with some wind. The new motor was assigned the task of warming the house from 45F to 65F. This took it...
63
63

Local TV Channels on Satellite
I live equidistant to both DC (the capital of the free world) and Baltimore, (blue collar, crabs, John Unitas, and Cal Ripken). I am about 30 miles north of DC, and 30 miles west of Baltimore. My...
20
20

punching hole in foundation
Hello - need to put a plastic pipe thru my poured foundation wall. How do I do it and how hard is it to do?
5
5

Drier circuit - electrical question.
/I just replaced a drier circuit. My problem is that the drier is a European model that requires 240 volt service only and has an regular drier plug with the common (white) wire cut away. Now my...
9
9

Outlook Express QuoteFix
This link is for a free software download for people who are using Outlook Express as a newsreader. The software corrects a problem in Outlook Express where, when you click to Reply to a news post,...
11
11

Are All US TV Stations Now Broadcasting All-Digital?
Assuming the answer is yes, but just checking. Thanks. Frank
11
11

PEX and water hammers
I'm a fixin' to replumb a rental 100% in PEX. Do i need hammer arrestors with PEX? It'll be a kitchen sink, a bath sink, tub, toilet, and washer hookup. Only one bath, only one story....
12
12