Subject Author Posted Replies

I need to erect cheap fencing that will be moved about over the years
I need to erect cheap fencing that will be moved about over the years. I already have a hundred foot roll of 5-foot plastic fencing like this. need to erect a movable post every five feet or so (for...
1
1

5x5 inch post, what size hose clamp?
I am mounting a flag pole holder on a 5x5 eight foot weight bearing pillar on my porch. The post is HB&G colonial synthetic permapost. It has a pipe up the middle for weight bearing but the outside is...
11
11

Heisense refrigerator
New fridge works fine but it apparently has a variable speed compressor that runs slowly but almost continually. The noise is unnoticeable *except* when I'm trying to sleep at night. After six months...
51
51

OT: the real cost of an BEV
Guess what, we are all paying for rich people to own these abominations. A new report says that government subsidies are the big thing making electric vehicles appear affordable to either buy or...
16
16

Trying to drill out toilet tank.
Did I mention that the toilet tank gasket on one toilet started to leak? Why when they have a whole big tank for space is the slot in the brass bolts holding the tank on so shallow? Can't use some...
15
15

O.T. Help transfering video to my phone or Home computer
I could use some help with my Canon Vixia HFR700 video camera. I took some video of a dog trying to attack me. The animal control officer needs that video in order to issue a citation. I have no card...
6
6

gutter guards
My ranch style house was built in 1967 and has copper gutters. I have several maple trees in my back yard and the neighbor has pine trees along the fence line near one side of my house. Around this...
10
10

Cleaning coppper pipe.
I need to replace a toilet supply valve with a push-on Sharkbite valve and it shows cleaning the copper stub, after the old valve is cut off, with emory cloth. I probably have some but I know I have a...
2
2

Fedex in the night.
The FEDEX website says that a package destined for me today, Friday, is "out for delivery", "on the road", "on Fedex vehicle for delivery" this morning, at 3:47, from a location within the Baltmore...
3
3

If you kill the queen with boric acid - where do the forager ants go after that?
Given ants live almost as long as people used to live, you have to kill the queen (otherwise she makes more forager ants if you kill them when you see them) so you have to be sneaky by baiting the...
19
19

May I use RV antifreeze in my car's radiator?
May I use RV antifreeze in my car's radiator? What about in a toyota, which, when it comes to auto antifreeze, insists on the red (iirc) stuff? When I go away in the winter and want to turn my heat...
6
6

OT, bank account
I recently got a few thousand from Unclaimed Property (a lot of people have money there and don't know it.) that I guess my mother left me, and I wanted to open a saving account, in a different bank...
28
28

OT housing bale-out
John T.
1
1

[SOLVED] Are threads on brass bolts the same as on steel?
Are threads on brass bolts the same as on steel? And can I use steel wingnuts on brass bolts or will that cause a thermonuclear pile or something as bad? Some kits come not with hexnuts but with...
4
4

Is my breaker box at my home wired wrong ??
I have a number of questions but let me start with one. My electric breaker box has a Red coloured electric cable. It's just that normal plastic sheathing cable that is normally white colored and you...
12
12