Subject Author Posted Replies

How to use a hammer?
Im getting my husband a heart shaped hammer for Valentines Day. How does a person use a hammer? Mary L
3
3

heat resistance of pipe dope
I am putting a threaded bronze ball valve in a 1/2" copper water line. So I am using threaded adapters between the pipe threads and the copper tube. I intend to use pipe-thread compound on the threads...
25
25

What to do with old floor plans?
My Dad, a residential designer and draftsman, died recently. He had a one-man design and drafting firm for more than thirty years, and his archive of old blueprints is large. What should I do with all...
23
23

Furnace keeps shutting off
I have an oil furnace with an oil hot water heater. It has shut off 4 times in the last week in spite of there being over 100 gallons of oil in the tank. All I've had to do is to click a switch on...
9
9

Need electrical advice
Asking for help. Have a General 350 table saw not currently hooked up. Will be moving it to a barn/workshop. Motor specs are: 3 HP, 220 V, 1 Ph., 11.7 A Will 10/3 w/ground and a 30 A 220 breaker...
13
13

Post Hole Auger
This spring I'm going to start a project in my back yard and I will need to dig about two dozen post holes. The holes will need to be about 8 inches in diameter and 18 inches deep. I have seen ads...
23
23

More powerful kitchen faucet side spray head?
I have a kitchen faucet with a side spray (a separate pull out sprayer) that sprays water at low speed, similar to this: idea where can I buy a replacement spray head with more power? I want to blast...
8
8

Window exploded
I had Milgard windows installed 2 1/2 years ago. A few days ago one of the windows "exploded" for no apparant reason. Nothing hit the window and both inside and outside panes shattered. Out side temp...
12
12

Interior Door Knob Replacement Question
Over ten years ago I pretty much replaced all the doorknobs in our house as the old ones were corroded or scuzzy looking. Our house is over 50 years old and the hole in each door was sort of just a...
16
16

Roof Overhang Above A Patio Door
We have an exposed to weather sliding glass door on back of home. We originally bought a cheaper Home Depot awning to protect it from weather and provide a little shade. This awning didnt last long...
3
3

Question on Home Warranty Companies
Question on Home Warranty Companies ************************************************ for SF, Bay Area, California home Are there are such companies that cover : - home alarm systems and / or - garden...
6
6

Whirlpool Water Heater Conversion Kit
I was having problems with my water heater pilot light not staying lit. The thermocoupler had gone out yet again. Lowes said they had stopped making the left threaded thermocoupler for this unit and...
10
10

1/2" electrical PVC conduit question
I have a few electrical conduits I need to run below grade using those gray colored PVC conduits (Carlson brand). I have been connecting those pipes together using regular plumbing PVC primer and...
3
3

A nice feature on DTVs: volume normalization
Keep in mind this is just me musing about what would be a nice feature in digital TVs (and converter boxes), not something that actually exists, so far as I know. The thread on how commercials are...
9
9

wire sizes
What size wire and how many conductors do I need to wire up telephones, thermostats, & doorbells in the house that I am building?
18
18