Subject Author Posted Replies

Stove hood microwave fan vent
Can I get away with running 4" flexible dryer vent in my attic from the microwave to the vent at the peak about 40' away? I don't want to go through the roof and it's on an inside wall and...
6
6

Grease spilled on wood floor
Greasy food spilled on wood floor. Wood is finished, but very worn. Maybe that's why I can't get rid of the grease. Have tried two consumer wood cleaners that I had on hand -- Bruce and Ace....
32
32

source for oilite bushing?
ref: my previous post about resurrecting an old drill motor... checked the drive gear and output shaft appears to be 15/32" diameter... need an oilite bushing 15/32" i.d. 5/8" o.d. 7/8" length......
13
13

Home painting question
What are the typical knapp sizes that should be used when painting a room? We have a textured ceiling and barely textured walls. The rollers that we had left over from another house were a 3/4" that...
8
8

Trader and his calculators from Bubba
Ok Trader. I got real bored and thought Id use one of the calculators you mentioned: honestly, at first glance it looks a little cheasy and too easy. But I thought Id humor you. I entered: Gas Price...
8
8

Don't take it apart!
OK, so today I decided I was going to work towards the goal of getting an electric fuel pump mounted in my '55 Stude... first step, I had a right angle drill with no chuck key. I imagine that this...
6
6

sunbeam humidifier
We have some sunbeam humidifiers (models 699 adn 696). The nebulizers (transducers) seem to have stopped functioning. All the parts suppliers say that these parts are now obsolete. Anyone know if...
2
2

Angle grinder lost flat wrench tool. How to unlock?
I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick (1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I...
11
11

Rectangular Duct Work Question
I am in the process of expanding a first floor door opening, but there is ductwork on each side of the door which feeds a second story room. One is a supply and one is a return, both of which are 3...
4
4

Husky Power Washer HP 1500
I bought one of these about a year ago. Used it less than six times, and went to use it yesterday, and it wouldn't power up. Called the 888 number, and they said it needed a rebuild pump kit for...
2
2

Kenmore Icemaker Repair Question
This is a Sears Kenmore Icemaker, about 5 years old. Icemaker doesn't get water. I studied the problem, and thought for sure it was the water solenoid and valve. So, I replaced that, but the...
6
6

Re: Worth leaving shower/bath water to cool down?
Thanks for the comments. Yes: The drain plug is deliberately left in until water cools down. The 'used' water remains in the tub for an hour or two. Then next time someone is in bathroom they whip out...
2
2

Electric water heater crud build up verus temperature
I've noticed that setting my electric water heater on "really hot" seems to cause a lot of crud build up. On "normal" or a little lower it doesn't seem to build up nearly as much crud. This...
9
9

Another septic tank riser issue
It must me something in the air. At least it is when you pop the lid -LOL! Anyway, I asked that the backhoe operator allow for a cleanout for the septic tank (long story - not new construction) so he...

Doorbell, etc. - Saving $2.50 per month!
I previously posted about re-wiring my doorbell so it would use electricity only when the button was pressed. I also went through my house and placed everything I could find which was "always on" on a...
32
32