Subject Author Posted Replies

Self-Stick Tiles floating around?
I've installed some self-stick vinyl tiles recently and have had trouble with the tiles near the edge of the room shifting around and creating gaps. Is this a common problem? What is the best way...
3
3

Electrical Question Re Liquid-Tape Product
Hello, Regarding the Gardner-Bender Liquid Tape Product. Have a connection (117 V) in a house Service Box that is presently taped, but quite hard to get to. Would like to add a bit more insulation to...
8
8

Water Hammer In Kitchen Faucet
Hello, Have the typical single-handle Delta faucet in our kitchen. Has recently in the last few weeks developed a water hammer when turning it such that the cold water is put on. Water hammer only...
11
11

Looking for tips for backyard playground - specific to ground work
I will be building a backyard playground this spring. I have been searching online and most of what I find is "free plans" I was planning on using pea gravel as a base, but I want to make sure I have...
10
10

Carpet Tack Strip Replacement or Fix?
Hey everyone, I became real familiar with carpet tack strips tonight as I have been researching what sliced my 13 month old's foot last night. We've been in our house for 3 years now, and I...
14
14

Modern coal stoves that are convenient and clean?
Curious if it is still possible to heat say a small cabin or A-frame home with a coal stove And if there exists any modern hi-tech stoves that are clean and convenient?
2
2

Electrical question.........
If on a 220 single phase circuit the neutral and ground wires attach to the same buss bar in the panel, why are they both needed ???? Thanks Brian
22
22

Cleaning garage floor, what do I use?
The subject line pretty much says it all. What have you had good luck with? TIA Hank
14
14

Wood burning pollutin
This was in the Hartford Courant today as a sidebar to an article about wood burning stoves. People are complaining they are being made sick by the pollutants. Gas sure comes up as being very clean....
29
29

Outlets in a closet?
My master bathroom and walk-in closet share a wall, the wall behind the vanity. I don't know what the original owner was thinking but above the 36", single-bowl vanity there are 3(!) double...
17
17

maytag washer moves all over when spinning-balance problem? How to fix? thanks
 Hi there,I've been experiencing an issue with my Maytag washer where it moves significantly during the spin cycle. I suspect it might be a balance problem. Could you please advise if this might be...
1
1

Finish Nail Gun? 15ga - 16ga - 18ga ?
I'm curious how many people own several sizes?
15
15

Great stuff
Who uses Great Stuff the foam insulation in a can? I like the stuff and it works great. I just don't need the entire can for most jobs. What is the best way to be able to use the can and spray...
7
7

Microwave-range hood combo
We are remodeling our kitchen and the stove will be relocated. When range hood ducting was mentioned the sales person suggested getting a microwave-range hood combination and no ducting would be...
15
15

Re: Worth leaving shower/bath water to cool down?
Think you guys need to get a life if this is what you do for excitment . lighten up pay your heating and stop being so cheap.
2
2