Subject Author Posted Replies

stimulus energy credit
I'm looking at replacing my AC unit (20 years old, SEER 12) and possibly my furnace (14 years old, natural gas). Looking at the new stimulus bill, it appears that you can get a tax credit of 30%,...
2
2

Pre-stained wood
Is it possible to get pre-stained wood ?? I have two room dividers, each about 4 foot long and 3' foot high that would look better with a 6" top. Rather than trying to stain my own and hope to get...
7
7

Carpet edging for inside curve
Does anyone make carpet edging that will work with an inside curve? The radius of the curve is two feet (60 cm). The total curve is 90 degrees. Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear...
5
5

Septic Tank Question
I purchased a house with a 15 year old 1500 gallon concrete septic tank. The home inspector found that the level of fluid in the tank was 6 inches lower than the outlet pipe, suggesting a leak in the...
23
23

Septic tank install - why $5K
I looked around and found that guys with hoes in my area all take about $5K USD for installation of a 1000 gallon septic tank w. leech field and this does NOT include the percolation report. The tank...
28
28

About time!!
Halleluiah! ACQ PT lumber is on it's way out of circulation. The new PT lumber is called MCQ and eliminates all the corrosion problems of ACQ. Any exterior rated hardware can be used with it....
18
18

Rally Roper Lawn Tractor
peter from england ------------------------------------- Hi I have a very old Rally Roper Lawn tractor (Circa 1985)(11hp Briggs & Stratton going great guns) I wonder if anyone knows where parts can be...
3
3

good electric pressure washer?
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good electric pressure washer? I like the convenience of plugging in and not having to maintain another gas engine. something that I can easily and quickly spray...
8
8

Self-Stick Tiles floating around?
I've installed some self-stick vinyl tiles recently and have had trouble with the tiles near the edge of the room shifting around and creating gaps. Is this a common problem? What is the best way...
3
3

Electrical Question Re Liquid-Tape Product
Hello, Regarding the Gardner-Bender Liquid Tape Product. Have a connection (117 V) in a house Service Box that is presently taped, but quite hard to get to. Would like to add a bit more insulation to...
8
8

Water Hammer In Kitchen Faucet
Hello, Have the typical single-handle Delta faucet in our kitchen. Has recently in the last few weeks developed a water hammer when turning it such that the cold water is put on. Water hammer only...
11
11

Looking for tips for backyard playground - specific to ground work
I will be building a backyard playground this spring. I have been searching online and most of what I find is "free plans" I was planning on using pea gravel as a base, but I want to make sure I have...
10
10

Carpet Tack Strip Replacement or Fix?
Hey everyone, I became real familiar with carpet tack strips tonight as I have been researching what sliced my 13 month old's foot last night. We've been in our house for 3 years now, and I...
14
14

Modern coal stoves that are convenient and clean?
Curious if it is still possible to heat say a small cabin or A-frame home with a coal stove And if there exists any modern hi-tech stoves that are clean and convenient?
2
2

Electrical question.........
If on a 220 single phase circuit the neutral and ground wires attach to the same buss bar in the panel, why are they both needed ???? Thanks Brian
22
22