Subject Author Posted Replies

before i switch the electric back on.....
Hi, Before i switch the electric back on i wanted to get some second opinions. I have an existing #12 wire which comes directly out of the circuit box in the basement and runs up the side of my house,...
7
7

Blower needs something, but what?
I have been using my Sears gas blower for about 10 years. It's the kind you carry in one hand. It's been working fine, except lately it stutters and stalls when I take the blower out of the...
6
6

Anybody know a good way to get this faucet apart?
My kitchen faucet is dripping. Makes me crazy. I cant figure out how to get at the washer to replace it. Here are a couple photos: cowling doesnt have any obvious screws, but there may be some under...
6
6

Help; power lines to house
Hi, My wife and I just bought our first house. It's a great house but needs some attention here and there (what else is new, right?). It has a full basement with a crawl-space under an addition....
28
28

New tub faucet leaking
I recently purchased a roman tub faucet online. It was a discontinued product from a company called westbrass ( as such was pretty inexpensive, but it seemed like the quality should be good. When I...
2
2

Boiler pump runs continuously
Years ago, a serviceman installed a new pump and wired it to run continuously when the heat circuit was on because "it's more energy efficient as it gets all the heat into the radiators." Well the...
4
4

life cycle of new GE appliances (ranges)
Does anyone know when GE revamps their Profile models please? I need to buy a range and it seems that the PGB918SEM is the only real contender: There is a Maytag with a double GAS oven (for some...
5
5

Wiring electric baseboard heaters
I am about to add electric baseboard heat to a finished attic space in a house that I own. The wiring diagrams in a book that I have and on the Internet show to create a 220/240-volt system using a...
12
12

New Electrical Code Requirement
Beginning February 17, 2009 all electrical wiring must be digital wire. The old and outdated analog wire can no longer be used. All electrons flowing thru these new wires will be digital electrons....
13
13

Heat Pumps
I live in the Dallas Ft. Worth area and I'm considering installing a heat pump rather than a standard A/C unit. Any recommendations as to reliability and efficiency?
55
55

Re: Worth leaving shower/bath water to cool down? (2023 Update)
50 gal x 8 pints/gal x 20 degree drop in temp = 8000 BTU 8000 / 134000 BTU (per gal kerosene) = 0.06 or 6/100 if 1 gal kerosene = $4.00 den 6/100 gal cost a bit less den a quarter. Keep it up and...
3
3

shower stall drain leaks
The drain of my shower stall leaks. The first floor ceiling right underneath the shower stall has water marks. Can this be fixed from the second floor or do I have to cut open the ceiling to fix the...
4
4

Slightly OT - Calibration of DCS Range?
Howdy, I have a DCS RD366L Range... To calibrate the oven, I remove the temperature setting knob to expose two holes each with an adjustment screw. The inner screw is for the oven's calibration,...

Electrical question
I want to run wire from the service panel on the house to a 20 ft by 40 ft. barn/workshop. Total horiz. and vert. distance 110 ft. Max requirement for 220 V is a 3 HP, 1 ph. table saw and a 2 HP dust...
6
6

(S)witching day one...
As one of those affected that had indicated only thing to do was wait, here's situation here after Day 1 of the DTV switch. Two of the four OTA stations switched; two remained analog. Of the two...
7
7