Subject Author Posted Replies

Ryobi laser question
I bought a kit # EMM0001, Ryobi laser. Ryobi sent me the manual, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to throw a horizontal line. All it does is throw a vertical one. Did I miss...
3
3

Copper Pipe Question
I've got a basement full of old half-inch copper pipe, and some of it needs to be replaced. I want to do repairs in 3/4" pipe but I'm wondering if that will cause problems with the water...
24
24

Bizarre new fridge noise
Hi. My kitchen refrigerator (GE Hotpoint) started making an odd noise this morning. From a distance, it sounds like a hissing sound; but when you get closer, you can hear that it's actually a...
7
7

Remove cast iron tub intact?
I know the sledgehammer routine for removing tubs is the standard answer but I'd like to remove this one intact. I've got the bathroom down to studs, I've got the bathtub off the floor and...
13
13

After faucet changed water tastes bad. Why?
Hi, Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was doing it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the faucet tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the...
5
5

Repairing brick foundation piers
I just bought a house (well, not JUST) in Southern Louisiana with the foundation piers requiring some maintenance and repair. Almost all of them (8" x 24", all brick, approx 18" tall) will require...
3
3

110V and water
I was repairing some landscaping lighting, and when I took the cover off of the outdoor junction box, water came out. Don't know how much was in there, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup. I'm guessing it...
30
30

Lag bolts. Epoxy. THAT oughta hold it!
"[BURLINGTON, Vt] A New Hampshire man who bolted antlers to the head of a dead deer and posed for a photograph with it in Vermont was fined $400 and jailed for game violations." the fool posed for...

Adhesive Suggestions Requested
Hello, Would appreciate any suggestions as to the "best" adhesive to use to fasten a piece of wood to the concrete foundation. Indoors usage. Just the regular Devcon epoxy as sold in the hardware...
15
15

Underground wiring
Started digging and found the short in the wiring from my house that runs 50 feet ± to the greenhouse. Standard 10-3 w/ ground (4 conductors total) NOT direct burial. It's probably been there for...
7
7

Help me get a lawn
Ok, this is the year. Built this house 3 years ago and I need a lawn. The front lawn is almost 90% crabgrass. Wife thinks I am wasting my time since "grass" already grows there ! Staring out my front...
26
26

how to make dishwasher rack slide smoothly?
Hi all, I've got a GE POS dishwasher in my house, about 2.5 years old. Since new (previous owners installed it just before we bought house) I've hated it for two reasons. 1) the door/hinges...
6
6

New Product
Went to my local Harbor Freight "parking lot sale" this morning (it was held inside the store, partly because of the weather, but mainly because the jerkwater town in which it is located [Sugar Land,...
12
12

New check valve for sump pump leaks - OK?
I replaced my sump pump, including the check valve. With the new pump, the system made a lot more noise, like water flushing. I checked and discovered that the new check valve leaks - it lets the...
3
3

8" - 4" faucet conversion
Does anybody sell an escutcheon that will blank both 8" holes in a bathroom sink so I can install a 4" center faucet. I could make one from a piece of stainless but it would be easier to buy one ready...
7
7