Subject Author Posted Replies

Colorado woman with flammable water fears blast
FORT LUPTON, Colo. (AP) ? A woman said she lives in constant fear and is terrified her home could blow up because of natural gas that has managed to seep into her water supply. Amee Ellsworth can turn...
9
9

Curiousity, Spring Planting plans?
Just curious what things others here may be planting. Might get some interesting ideas! For me, it's a combination of flowers and food things in a container garden. (I didnt get to make the raised...
18
18

Resurface Chimney Crown
It's got cracks, chips, minor pcs fallen out. What would you folks use? I saw some stuff at the Borg but didn't look carefully. Thought it was a Sakrete product but don't see it on their...
4
4

washing machine 'walks'
My Kenmore washing machine moves around during the spin cycle. How do you prevent this from occurring? Thanks
11
11

how do you install a door in a sheetrock wall with no studs?
first let me say that my apartment was built by polish carpenters, who have a strange appraoch to building. we have a doorway leading to the master bedroom we need to add a door to. the doorway is...
16
16

Old Fashioned battery tester
My Dad showed me how to do this, when I was a boy. Take a flash light bulb (PR-4 is good, the old screw in 112 is better, more close to the proper voltage). Then, take about six or seven inch long...
13
13

air in new pex water lines
I installed 4 grohe thermostatic valves today with volume control valves. 3 showers and one tub. I ran water to them and found that two of them would hammer when turning off the volume valve. Because...
8
8

drip pan flashing for window
We are replacing a large 4'x5' window in our brick home. We have had several contractors in and some have said that at some point all windows will leak, and they suggest putting in a drip pan...
3
3

OT For people that don't drive
If you don't have a drivers' license, do you carry ID? What do you use?
14
14

Garage Door Not Level
I didn't see this question in the previous "garage door" exchange so here it goes: One side of my two car wide garage door does not meet at the floor like the other side does. The cement floor is...
7
7

Changing Mower Blades
I've got a John Deere L110 lawn tractor that I want to replace the mower blades on. Today I drove it up onto a set of car ramps and reached up under it to try to remove the two blades. All I...
12
12

Crawl space waterproofing
Okay, this is how far I've gotten. Dug a portion (15'x45') of my crawl space down to 42" deep. Enough so I can get around. Poured concrete footings (2ft x 2ft) on 10 foot by 5 foot centers...
1
1

Heater in Bathroom Panasonic Whisper Warm ?
Hello I am about to have my bathroom remolded. My wife would like to add a heater to the bathroom. The home has a forced air gas furnace and the batroom has a vent in it. We rarely turn the house...
6
6

Screen Door Question
I have a screen door, (or a "storm door") that when it was originally installed about 15 years ago, sat straight and plumb in the door way. This screen door is not the single piece type, where the...
2
2

termites
Should I proactively try to prevent termites, and if so, how? I live in NE Kansas - partially wooded area with about 35" of rain a year. The house was built in 2000. Original owner has a pest company...
26
26