Subject Author Posted Replies

Fein tools?
I see many paid promotional infomercials on late-night TV touting the MultiMaster power tool by Fein. I'm always highly skeptical of anything advertised so ubiquitously, but that aside, I'd...
33
33

drainpipe clog
A drainpipe that runs underneath the house is clogged with grit from roof shingles. I used a shopvac to suction out about 5-6 feet of the pipe, whereupon the pipe turned under the house. A snake...
6
6

House Painting And Pressure Washing ?
Hello, Have a question regarding painting my house. Concerns really. House is the typical wooden clapboard style. Hasn't been painted for about 7 years or so. I guess the normal thing that they...
4
4

Problem with bathtub taps
I turn on the hot water tap for my bathtub, giving it maybe half a turn, leaving it until the water is hot. I then turn on the cold water tap, and only have to turn it a fraction of an inch or so...
12
12

Spray lubricants
I'm almost afraid to ask this after the WD-40 triology that we just had. OK, I've go to my courage up now - what is your favorite, widely available *spray* lubricant? I have been using a...
13
13

Using self leveling compound in bottom of cabinet
I have a rental property that had a plumbing leak (it's fixed). The base of the cabinet is particle board and has warped so that there's now about a 2" depression in the middle. Replacing the...
6
6

Clothes dryer taking too long to dry clothes.
I have a Sears electric dryer (110.86880100) that takes 2 70 minute cycles to dry a load of clothes. The lint filter is clear; the exhaust opening inside the drum is clear; there is no kink in the...
20
20

Little House on Prarie now illegal
"Rachel Merrill, mother of three, was holding innocuous-seeming contraband in her hand at an Arlington Goodwill store earlier this month: a 1971 edition of "Little House on the Prairie." This copy of...
5
5

refrigerator redux
Finally got the design department to accompany me to Sears to look at fridges; I'd taken the advice given in the last thread to heart and was planning on concentrating on Whirlpool-made models....
14
14

Outside House Vent Question
I have gray vinyl siding on my house. The vents are made out of white plastic. The vents on the south side of the house are so brittle that they break just by a gentle touch. I contacted a building...
2
2

Using 60A Circuit
Folks, I have a stove that uses a 60A circuit. I am going to be replacing it with two devices: One a 240V 40A device, the other a 240V 20 A device. Question: Can I use the 60A wire as a source for...
4
4

More cheap Chinese stuff
"At a time when the federal government is spending billions of stimulus dollars to stem the tide of U.S. layoffs, should that same government put even more Americans out of work by buying cheaper...
5
5

tiling over brick fireplace surround and hearth
Question regarding tiling over a brick fireplace surround and hearth with respect to fire safety. We had a 70's fireplace that had a brick wall-to-wall fireplace surround, and a brick hearth....
12
12

Lock cylinder spins around
I have a Medeco lock on my front door to my house and when you put the key into the lock the cylinder just spins around. In fact you spin the cylinder enough it comes out of the whole door. I had a...
6
6

leaky regulator
I bought a makita MAC5200 with a tank pressure of 140 psi and an output regulator, the output regulator leaks like a civ is there any way to fix this? what it is, is a check valve that is depressed by...
1
1