Subject Author Posted Replies

Breathalyzers for Offices?
Not to see if someone helped close a bar down at closing time. Supposedly, a quick test to see if someone has the dreaded Covid virus. <> The newest COVID test coming to market will require a simple...

OT: Inward and outward effectiveness of face masks
and outward effectiveness of cloth masks, a surgical mask, and a face shield Jin Pan, Charbel Harb, Weinan Leng, Linsey C. Marr* https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.11.18.20233353v1.full.pdf
4
4

What do you call the liquid clear rubber bandage doctors sometimes use.
What do you call the bandage-like stuff that they put on wounds in places where band-aids don't fit. It's like translucent rubber, sticks tightly to the skin and moreso to hair, and the doctor called...
12
12

Covid home test
Saw how you can do a home test to see if you have the virus by checking for symptoms. Put finger of one hand in your mouth Put finger of other hand in your butt Switch hands If you cannot smell or...
2
2

Getting that memory curl out of Cat 5e
I bought a roll of Cat 5e to extend my network. Maybe I stretched it out wrong, but it's remembering those curls and is very hard to run straight anywhere. Is there a trick to this? I've run it from...
7
7

OT. Tonneau Covers?
I just spoiled myself with a new pickup. Toyota SR, double cab, 5' box. It's red so it will be a little easier to find in a parking lot at least for now. There are bunches of choices for box covers....
9
9

Water from my shower running down and around the fuse box leaving a big damp patch
I had New bathroom fitted few months back the shower is fitted above the fuse box which is in the hall .I have noticed when I have a shower there's a damp patch around the fuse box.I have had a...
18
18

Homeowner expectations versus reality
The caption is: "What client wanted in 5 days" versus "What I could implement in 5 days"
4
4

electric jacket driving me crazy- help!
No, not burning up so please don't panic! Sorry if this is OT, but this is one of my most active groups and I see a lot of sort of OT at times. I just figured someone might know what I'm about to...
2
2

$58 - TAX THE RICH SWEATSHIRT by AOC
Made in USA Union printed 100% cotton Gender neutral fit Designed by Jordan Rosenberg I'm glad she's taxing the rich and not her fellow Representatives that only make $175,000/yr.
10
10

Re: This is one reason why Michigan Governor is a moron
Look the internet for a list

3 prong plug, can I use in 2 outlet?
Bought a sous vide 800 watt cooker. Can I safely use in a 2 slot outlet? 15 amp service, older house, maybe from 1965 or so.
26
26

Barbers
My husband has been cutting his own hair for years. He has so little left that it's foolish to go to the barber to have them run clippers over his entire head. He got his own electric clipper. I've...
1
1

Halo Light retro w/torsion spring
This last weekend I installed some Halo retrofit LED kits into some can lights that are approximately 45 years old. (Pretty sure they were from Sears because they still had the Sears incandescent...
4
4

Smoke detectors, Ionization vs Photoelectric
Looking to install some new smoke detectors. I was going to install Ionization type smoke detectors in the lower floors and then a combination smoke and CO detector on the 3rd floor where the bedrooms...
26
26