Subject Author Posted Replies

Surviving the Depression TIPS WANTED
Now that we're in the second great depression, we all need to find ways to cope and survive. I've noticed there are quite a few tips for cooking with basic foods during a depression, online,...
17
17

Hot Ground
I have an issue with my grounding system in my home. I had the cable company out last week to troubleshoot a Box that wouldn't work. The Cable Guy told me I had a ground issue, the cable wire...
31
31

Light source behind marble tiles
I bought marble tiles for my bathroom. The tiles are semitransparent and look very nice when I shine a light is from behind the tiles. I'd like to put an even light source behind the tiles. There...
7
7

How do I wire a smoke alarm off a light fixture?
Anyone know of a dual sensor, hardwired, & interconnected (wireless) smoke alarm? Which sensor type is more likely to go off for nuisance alarms: the ion or photo sensor type? A main consideration is...
9
9

Outlet Above Drop Ceiling?
I realize that local codes can vary, but I'm wondering if this is ever allowed. I have an application where I need to power 2 alarm transformers. They are 'bricks' that convert to 12 volts...
13
13

need plumbing supplies
I started ordering water filter cartridges from them a few years ago when local supplier ran out. There is a handling charge but no postage. Three orders now and unbelievably they all came the next...

Sewer drain repairs -- roots
Hello all, About a week ago, started getting water on the basement floor, particularly after running the washer. We'd had problems with tree roots in the outpipe from the house to the sewer in...
6
6

Savings calculator - The #1 Choice
savings calculator . . . ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ENTER HERE: >>>

Vinyl Tille Adhesive Removal
Just completed Armstrong Vinyl Tile installation and adhesive is being forced up between the tiles. Rather than purchase an expensive solvent mixture I wondered if others had found a good means of...
4
4

Rataway Fragrance will protect PEX tubing
Rataway fragrance stops odors caused by rats, mice, squirrels, etc... Makes one gallon when mixed and protects the surface of areas used for nesting. Rodents and other animals mark territory (your...

Cultured marble vanity-top & sink
How would I sand the integral sink in a 20-year-old cultured marble vanity top? Also, how would I remove grey (or black) lines in the bottom of the sink surrounding the pop-up drain?
2
2

Lead in domestic piping
I'm trying to determine what are the known causes for the lead in 30 year old domestic piping system, to begin leaching into the water. A lead test six years ago showed no lead. There is lead in...
34
34

Domestic Hot water question
ok, my source of heating my domestic hot water is a oil fired hot water radiation furnace system. my problem is it takes way too long from the time I turn on my hot water taps to the point where i...
14
14

Heat resistant plywood
Hi, Is there such thing as heat resistant plywood? I have a wall that I want to finish in plywood and the put a wall heater on it. Many thanks in advance. Aaron
9
9

Do I need to demo a big planter to keep water out of my house????
I have a big brick planter, approximately 10 feet long by 2.5 feet tall by 2.5 feet front to back, built up against the front of my house. I have noted that it is tipping forward away from the house....
3
3