Subject Author Posted Replies

need plumbing supplies
I started ordering water filter cartridges from them a few years ago when local supplier ran out. There is a handling charge but no postage. Three orders now and unbelievably they all came the next...

Sewer drain repairs -- roots
Hello all, About a week ago, started getting water on the basement floor, particularly after running the washer. We'd had problems with tree roots in the outpipe from the house to the sewer in...
6
6

Savings calculator - The #1 Choice
savings calculator . . . ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ENTER HERE: >>>

Vinyl Tille Adhesive Removal
Just completed Armstrong Vinyl Tile installation and adhesive is being forced up between the tiles. Rather than purchase an expensive solvent mixture I wondered if others had found a good means of...
4
4

Rataway Fragrance will protect PEX tubing
Rataway fragrance stops odors caused by rats, mice, squirrels, etc... Makes one gallon when mixed and protects the surface of areas used for nesting. Rodents and other animals mark territory (your...

Cultured marble vanity-top & sink
How would I sand the integral sink in a 20-year-old cultured marble vanity top? Also, how would I remove grey (or black) lines in the bottom of the sink surrounding the pop-up drain?
2
2

Lead in domestic piping
I'm trying to determine what are the known causes for the lead in 30 year old domestic piping system, to begin leaching into the water. A lead test six years ago showed no lead. There is lead in...
34
34

Domestic Hot water question
ok, my source of heating my domestic hot water is a oil fired hot water radiation furnace system. my problem is it takes way too long from the time I turn on my hot water taps to the point where i...
14
14

Heat resistant plywood
Hi, Is there such thing as heat resistant plywood? I have a wall that I want to finish in plywood and the put a wall heater on it. Many thanks in advance. Aaron
9
9

Do I need to demo a big planter to keep water out of my house????
I have a big brick planter, approximately 10 feet long by 2.5 feet tall by 2.5 feet front to back, built up against the front of my house. I have noted that it is tipping forward away from the house....
3
3

Laser level recommendation?
I have marked locations of recessed lights on the floor, and I would like to be able to mount the housing on the ceiling (sheetrock is down) at the same location. I have a laser level that does a line...
32
32

Cable reception - cannot get channel 4
I have a really strange situation that is puzzling me. I have cable TV the coax cable comes into the house and splits into three lines and feed a TV in the living room, one in the bedroom and one in...
9
9

how accurate are "energyguide" numbers vs. Kill-A-Watt?
subject says all... in an effort to see how much a new fridge would really be worth in terms of energy savings I got a Kill-A-Watt (found one online under $30) hooked it up to fridge. In 24 hours of...
13
13

This too is reality.
1
1

Radiant ceiling heating cable
Does anyone know what the name of the company that used to make radiant ceiling heating cable was? I know it is probably no longer made or used.
3
3