Subject Author Posted Replies

Worms in the Drain
We have a situation with two lavs back to back that are mirror images of each other. The two tubs. toilets, and sinks are exactly back to back with the plumbing between. Also, I believe the kitchen...
9
9

birds like my A/C; nesting; is 3flrs up, dangerous for ladder at all often
Our bedroom A/C -- damn birds like it. Turning it on does nothing to them -- they remain. ASIDE: When I lived in an appartment, with balcony, a pigeon pair took to it. Then they built a nest, complete...
6
6

How to make sliding glass door slide easier?
Thank you ao much for this post!
3
3

OT: E-payment due dates
I pay all my bills online; mostly using Quicken. Lately I've noticed many of the due dates fall on Saturday or Sunday. Since quicken won't pay a bill on a non-business day, I have to set the...
22
22

Damn Plumbing - Damn Faucett Packing
Of all the crap I do and do very well, f'n plumbing I hate. Of course, because I suck at it. And of course, because I don't do much of it. With that out of the way... Simple thing - faucett...
4
4

Leather couch dying
I have a black leather couch that is a little distressed. The color has faded/worn off over the years. Is there anything I can use to recolor it that won't rub off on people's clothing? Phil
3
3

Can anyone recommend a group for help with windows crashes?
I have been having infrequent crashes, and would like to find a newsgroup for assistance on analysing the minidump report data to figure out what's causing this. Any suggestions?
12
12

This is NOT the way to climb a ladder
April Fool! Joe
4
4

Whirlpool washing machine model WTW5310VQ0 or WTW5300VW2.
Do not move the washing machine until you open the top of the box and check the following: The Valve, Water Inlet W/Thermistor & Vacuum Break (valve body, valve manifold, valve assembly) part #:...
4
4

Repair Vinyl?
I've got this ancient wood storm-door with a doggie-door installed. Vinyl flap on the doggie-door has been thru 14 wars and 3 police actions, and cannot be replaced. I've put many, many...
16
16

Porter Cable Quality ???
Is it me or does it seem Porter Cable has gone the way of Dewalt and others that have been bought out by Multi National Conglomerate's ? I use to have an old PC 14.4 cordless hammer/driver 7years...
22
22

Anybody familiar with Val-Oil?
I need to coat the hinges and other metal (steel) parts of my trailer to prevent rust. I took them off last year and wirebrushed them on my bench-grinder until there was no rust left, but now they are...

Refrigerator door suction
I know that the subject is a bit lame as it certainly supports the notion that I don't know much about refrigerators. Nevertheless, I have a 25 cu.ft. Amana with the freezer on top. The fan/door...
20
20

how long will it take to aerate 1 acre?
I am going to rent an aerator and it's $50/4 hrs. . I cannot fit it in my car and I'm thinking of approaching my neighbor and splitting it with him since he has a pickup truck. the combined...
14
14

patching ceiling crack
hello again... as part of the can or worms I've apparently opened in my kitchen, I've busted out the mud and sanding screens in preparation to paint the area that I've freshly exposed by...
6
6