Subject Author Posted Replies

Interior Shutters
I am looking for some interior shutters that have the opaque glass inserts or panels for fabric. I used them in my home 15 years ago and loved them. I have a new home and would like to use them in the...
1
1

Pre-wiring an apartment for Phone, FIOS, and Cable
I have a 2-bedroom apartment that I rent out that is now being re-done -- including new electric wiring. While the ceiling and some of the walls are open and accessible, I am thinking about pre-wring...
13
13

Drilling Pilot Hole
Isn't it true that if the screw's diameter is, e.g., 3/16", the drill bit should be smaller, e.g., 1/8"; otherwise the screw threads will not have anything to "bite" into?
6
6

Stain remover
What will remove that purple pvc cleaner from pvc, washing machines and stuff.
11
11

Bathroom exhaust fan venting outside via soffit?
I have 4 bathrooms where the bath exhaust fan were connected to 4" sheet metal ducts, when I remodeled the bathrooms I chased the ducts and none of them actually vent outside, they just vent into the...
17
17

Proper lube
I need to do a PM on our recliners and wondered if you folks thought that white lithium in spray form would have enough distillate vehicle to carry the lithium between the adjoining plates? TIA
2
2

Water Stains on Wallpaper Under Window Sill
Hello This has happened to a couple of my windows in a circa 1920's house. Where do I begin looking? I suspect there must be a fairly common reason. Thanks for your help! Frank
9
9

Solar Powered Attic Fans ; good investment and reliable ???
Can anyone speak of the reliability of solar powered attic fans ? I can buy one for $217.00 in Lowes and live in an area where electricity is pretty high. A comparable electric Attic Fan is $70.00 ....
9
9

Compare Goodman Heat Pump Systems at www.acOverstock.com
Im a do it yourselfer and trying to replace my complete air conditioning system with a new Goodman Heat Pump system from I have 2100 sqaure feet and have a 2.5 ton system in there now. Its 15 years...
15
15

Zoom lever on Canon A580
I have posted my problem with my Canon A580 and the zoom lever on another NG with no responses. I saw on one of Canon's web sites discussion of "dust in the Zoom lever....". If this is my problem...

Kohler engine problems - craftsman lawn tractor
Have a 18 hp Kholer engine (model # CV492)on a 42" Craftsman lawn tractor (7 years old). Problem is starts OK and runs for 20 minutes or so and then starts to stall and lose power. Does restart but...
26
26

Home Inspectors' Nightmares - A few More
AOL - News, Politics, Sports & Latest Headlines - AOL.com
7
7

Worms in the Drain
We have a situation with two lavs back to back that are mirror images of each other. The two tubs. toilets, and sinks are exactly back to back with the plumbing between. Also, I believe the kitchen...
9
9

birds like my A/C; nesting; is 3flrs up, dangerous for ladder at all often
Our bedroom A/C -- damn birds like it. Turning it on does nothing to them -- they remain. ASIDE: When I lived in an appartment, with balcony, a pigeon pair took to it. Then they built a nest, complete...
6
6

How to make sliding glass door slide easier?
Thank you ao much for this post!
3
3