Subject Author Posted Replies

flashing tape around finless vinyl window replacing finned
Is it ok to just put some flashing tape around the whole window? Foam was used in between the frame and the opening. There was a finned vinyl window in there previously. I'm worried about...

Fridge Repair?
Our refrigerator has stopped working. It barely gets above room temp. The freezer is fine. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix I can do myself? -Scott
13
13

Concrete Driveway Patch Job
Just looking for a patch job so it's at least presentable and last maybe a year. I'm sure the right way is to dig up entire sections, new pack, etc. ?pic=11rzrc4&s=5Have no real knowledge of...
22
22

Craftsman 20HP Kohler more details
I have a Craftsman 20hp 48\" mower, part # 917.272246 It is about 5 yrs old and has 470hrs on it. I have read a ton of post\'s and am not sure what else to try. I hadnt ran my Mower for about...
1
1

Smaller spare tires...
... but this trend is getting ridiculous! http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fail-owned-spare-fail.jpg?w=500
1
1

Sump pump noise question
I may be purchasing a Wayne 3/4 hp sump pump from I am replacing a 1/2 hp unit. Does anyone have any opinions about Wayne or how much noise a 3/4 hp unit might make? Does the extra quarter hp make...
6
6

My pool is a swamp
After nine months of construction during such time I completely ignored the pool, I need to now get it back in shape. During demolition, saw dust, gutter leaves, nails and other small debris, fell...
15
15

Kohler 20hp running bad
------------------------------------- Motor running rough. Saw sparks coming from under hood. Could this be ignition module? Thanks ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via...
1
1

where can I find decorative registers/grilles?
Hi again, I thought that this would be the easy part of putting my kitchen back together... looking for a wall mount register/damper in some kind of bright metal finish, e.g. chrome/stainless/nickel....
9
9

Reconditioned vs. New
What is the general consensus regarding the purchase of reconditioned tools vs. new? Yes, I know new is new but I see most, if not all, manufacturers offer the complete warranty and incentives with a...
12
12

deck paint
When I moved in the deck looked like hell. I knocked all the loose paint off with a stiff brush and proceeded to paint with "porch and deck" paint. It was all peeling two years later and this spring...
4
4

Hang drywall and paint
any tips n tricks to cutting and hanging dry wall and making the seems disappear with that tape/paste materials? any tips on painting to make wall look solid, without it looking like it has those deep...
14
14

Laminate Living Room into Kitchen - Height Difference
Hi, I am wanting to install laminate flooring in my living room and continue into my kitchen. Currently, we have carpet in the living room and linoleum in the kitchen. Of course the kitchen has a sub...
26
26

Being over-run by boots & shoes.
Good grief! I'm worse than a woman, I have 11 pairs of boots/shoes. Then my wife and daughter have all their shoes/winter boots/sandals. We have limited space, since our home is a raised...
6
6

Mea culpa: yes, they *do* make solar panels w/concentrators
"SolFocus' leading CPV technology combines high-efficiency solar cells with advanced concentrating optics to provide high energy yield using just 1/1000 the amount of photovoltaic material used in...
1
1