Subject Author Posted Replies

Carpenter ants doing what they do
These guys are no joke. Check out the pile of saw dust.
4
4

OT. Computer Purchase Advice
A redhead has a laptop computer on her Christmas list. A PC, of all things. I think 13" is about right. $600 or less. Personal use. I imagine both WiFi and Bluetooth. Windows or Chrome? Any...
92
92

Bicycle tricks
I'm told there is a bicycle in this but I've not seen it yet
4
4

Proper way to hang your wrenches
This works very well. I did mine like this and it is a real time saver
8
8

OT: need some advice on a personal heating system i.e. electric coat,
On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 14:40:45 -0500, Witherspoon posted for all of us to digest... I haven't read all the replies yet so this might be mentioned. I got a heated floor mat off Amazon. Draws little power...
1
1

OT. Jeopardy and Flywheel
d Dean, what show episode was that fly wheel question? i wanted to teach my grandson about engines and the diagram was perfect. Then my wife erased it. now he is coming here for the weekend from...
1
1

OT: Silly philosophical quiz
You may be correct. I live in a golden past when cars had real frames and real bumpers and you could clamp a tow bar to the bumper.

Vintage Uhaul U-haul bumper clamp tow bar / Bolt-on towing hitch...

7
7

Clorox Wipes
I noticed a picture of Clorox Wipes. I guess they are paper towels impregnated with Clorox. Is that a new product? I went to learn somethin about it it, and the page dimmed and a popup appeared: "An...
1
1

Arecibo has collapsed, RIP
"A review last month found that the telescope was at risk of catastrophic collapse and said the huge structure could not be repaired without posing a potentially deadly risk to construction workers."...
11
11

OT. Pearl Harbor Day
I noticed the flags at the local high school were at half staff today. There weren't any on site ceremonies at Pearl Harbor itself. Some pictures. <> It's been 79 years since the attack on Pearl...
16
16

OT Cancer/Meidcare screening
I got a novel call today, Becky, saying they 'worked closely' with Medicare and offering me ancestry testing, which they said when I asked was paid for by Medicare. It turns out that "Medicare has...
2
2

Dimmable LED electronics
I need to buy one BA15D to replace a burned out Halogen 120V 75W garage stair light that is attached to the side wall. It doesn't need to be brightly lit as it's a short set of open steps and it's not...
5
5

This guy needs help with ceiling fan
This guy needs help with his ceiling fan. Turns but blows no air.
2
2

OT. OK to Eat Here but Not There
A restaurant owner sank $80,000 into her restaurant but can't open back up. Right next to her is a movie production company feeding people outside. <> The one difference I can think of would be that...
7
7

Breathalyzers for Offices?
Not to see if someone helped close a bar down at closing time. Supposedly, a quick test to see if someone has the dreaded Covid virus. <> The newest COVID test coming to market will require a simple...