Subject Author Posted Replies

Neighbor Draining Roof onto My Property
My next door neighbor has run his black corrugated pipe from his downspouts down to the back corner of our adjoining lot, right up the the fence, and it is draining directly onto my property, and...
58
58

Free gas? ? ?
This is more of a legal question than a home-repair question, but maybe someone has experience or ideas. In January we converted the boiler-furnace heating system for our six-unit apartment building...
11
11

Sears Powermiser 9 Water Heater
The thermocouple unit went bad on my Powermiser 9. The pilot light won't stay lit. Even though the 3-year-old water heater came with a nine-year warranty, Sears won't honor it, so I must pay...
7
7

how to run copper pipe/pressure ? for back up sump
I am installing a water powered backup sump pump which works on pressure. My water pressure isn't that high About (38psi at a faucet), but a guy I know who lives on the same street had one of...
8
8

Wood Floor and Subfloors
Hi! I've purchased a new tongue and groove solid wood floor that I'm going to be putting down. I tore the old floor up, and right now, there are 1x6's perpendicular to the joists as the...
11
11

SPICE for Power Electronics and Electric Power
SPICE for Power Electronics and Electric Power this book about power electronis using spice program the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/197050093/SPICE_for_Power_Electronics_and_Electric_Power.rar

Wiring cable
I asked a question some time ago about Internet wiring. Since Iwill be opening walls I want to run the TV cable to the same rooms I will be running Cat5e cable. What the best way to put splitters....
30
30

White or Grey Sch 40 PVC
------------------------------------- Greetings, I am running a outside circuit from my house to a patio area with a wooden pergola. This will be a wet area. I understand that I should use gray sch 40...
12
12

Driveway solar-Powered Lights ?
Hello, Regarding those solar powered small lamps that are useful for outlining a driveway: HD and Lowe's has them from several mfg's; usually in packs of 6 or 8 for around $ 30 or so. Do they...
25
25

Scan 70 Blower Motor
I have a gas fireplace insert that the blower motor has worn out. Apparently, I cannot acquire the replacement from any distributor or the manufacturer as the fireplace is no longer manufactured. Does...
4
4

When buying a specific capacity Window A/C, do you want to buy something with a high EER , or, low running AMPS ?
Ive noticed units that are 115 v. at high EER's (energy efficiency ratio) such as 10.5 but they draw higher amps . And ive noticed 230 v. units of the same capacity at a lower EER such as 9.5 ......
4
4

CFLs use more energy than indicated
Twice as much. "Every CFL light contains a small ac-dc power supply with reactive components in it that will affect the CFL's power factor (PF) - that is, the load presented to the ac line. The...
38
38

Whirpool gas dryer - starts but wont stay running
I've got a Whirlpool gas dryer (Model GGW9878LWW) that wont' stay running. When I press the start button, the tumbler starts spinning, and I can hear the flames ignite (the clothes do get dry...
4
4

Radiant barrier
I keep running into to people planning on installing this coating the inside of their attic roof. I tend to roll my eyes, but maybe somebody could enlighten me. 1st; how could it work when the...
3
3

Harbor Freight Floor Nailer?
Hi! I'm going to be installing a 3/4" hickory solid hardwood floor over the next couple of days. The room isn't huge; probably about 10x11. My question, should I attempt to rent the stapler...
8
8