Subject Author Posted Replies

Small centralized UPS
I need to put a centralized UPS in my business office. Do I need to get into an expensive 3 phase unit? Or will the elecrical code allow me to distribute the outlets from a less expensive 115v...
21
21

Insulating a Garage question
Hello, A couple of years ago we had a garage built. I would like to insulate the walls and put up some sheet rock. Couple of questions. 1.) When you are standing inside the garage looking at a wall....
13
13

Drywqll House Crack ?
Hello, Have a 35 year old house; split level style. Never had any drywall cracks, etc. I have just noticed a (new) drywall crack running vertically along a wall Beginning at the ceiling, ends at a...
2
2

Magnets and Electrical Meters
Grandma won a twin-pack of these at a church function and gave them to me. have 3 ways of being mounted: screws, double stick tape and a small magnet built into the base. I was thinking of slapping...
11
11

What Manufacturer are these?
I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They only have one label, "Encore." D.
10
10

240 volt compressor
William Blake Baron ------------------------------------- Hi. I have a campbell hausfield 240 volt compressor extreme duty. I have moved to a place that does not have 240 volts in its shop. Can I...
12
12

Caulk edge of bathroom floor?
In the bathrooms in my house (purchased last summer), there is painted or stained wood trim that meets the tile floor. Is it a good idea to caulk there? If so, what kind of caulk? In one bathroom, it...
7
7

Caulk shower fixtures?
The steel fixtures (spigot, showerhead, etc) in my bathrooms aren't caulked where the fixtures meet the tile. Is it important to caulk there? Or if it's a reasonably tight fit is it nothing to...
3
3

Who owns the rain?
"By capturing rainwater, some homeowners are breaking the law. This has put city and state governments in an awkward position-smack in the middle of competing water users and advocates, often from...
39
39

18"-24" nail peg / stake
I need a few (5-6) "stakes" to be used with a strip of wire or plastic mesh (hardware cloth) to create a barrier or backstop at the edge of my lawn to keep golf balls from rolling off the lawn and...
14
14

Tankless Hot water system?
Hello, I just had a person that rates houses for energy efficiency come and rate our house. One of his suggestions he made was to pull out my existing Gas fired hot water tank and install a Tankless...
11
11

proper storage of all those fuel cans
With a nod to the Propane thread, I am good with the 20lb propane tanks and never bring them inside- but in my well ventilated and unheated, but electrified garage I have; in the winter a car with...
15
15

Dangerous electrical panels?
ELECTRICAL PANEL SAFE? A Potential HAZARD could exist at your home AT RISK: Federal Pacific, Zinsco, X.O Style Square D, Pushmatic, Challenger, Crouse Hinds, Sylvania We have a Federal Pacific panel....
18
18

How to: Clearstream aerobic septic controller?
I have an aerobic septic system with a Clearstream controller. I would like to know what the various switches control so that I can program it to suit changing conditions. Apparently documentation is...