Subject Author Posted Replies

Suggestions? Driveway crack over ½ inch
Rebar missing.......? No reinforcement? I always guarantee 2 things when I pour concrete. It will crack, and I do not know where....... Sounds like land movement......Is water a problem..... Drainage?...
9
9

Painting Pressure Treated Lumber
How does Pressure Treated Lumber Paint? Does it hold primer. I'm thinking about using it as trim pieces that need to be replaced due to termite and dry rot damage. I'm a little worried about...
11
11

Doggie doors represent new opportunities
If your toddler crawls through it and drowns in an adjacent bog. You can sue the manufacturer (or installer) of the doggie door for not warning you. "More than a hundred children have died or been...
30
30

Building a short retaining wall
I have a semi-circular area inside of my semi-circular driveway, it has a tree in the middle. The perimeter of this area is about 40 feet. Currently I have pressure treated 4x4 used as a border around...
6
6

Does anyone know of a good CAD service?
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right group. Our company is looking to hire a CAD designer/service for several custom pieces we have been contracted to fabricate. This is a government contract,...
3
3

Weslock leverset
I've got a customer who wants a Weslock leverset. Keyed entry, brass, 2 3/4 radius corner latch. I can't find one through the stores, or locksmith suppliers. Anyone out there know of one I can...
8
8

Insulate cold room?
Hi All. I just moved in to a new house that has a fairly large cold room in the basement. I really don't need to have a room for cold storage so I am considering insulating the room and adding...
4
4

block paving dye/stain ?
Can anybody help on this, my blocking paving is looking a bit tired, tried cleaning but think they might need dyeing/stainind. Could I use the red cement dye additive ?? or is there a better product...
1
1

Question about preparing textured wall for painting
Hi, I will be painting a bathroom that has a textured design at varying angles on the walls like this: ((((( and currently has a semi gloss paint finish. I would rather not use a deglosser as the room...
5
5

STP in gas for gas powered golf cart?
Golf cart has decided not to start since I put a full tank of gas in. Local suggested putting STP in the gas. Thoughts from those who understand this stuff? TIA Lou
9
9

Anyone ever build a zip line for your kids?
Hey all....I was at a party at a friend's house on Saturday and they had a zip line for their kids in the backyard. It was about 15 feet long about 6' off the ground when not being ridden. A...
26
26

Paper shredder repaired
The paper shredder I bought so many years ago. Finally gave up, today. Didn't have the power to do much more than growl at me. Took the screws out of the bottom, and took the cover apart. The...
7
7

Fence Rails: 2 or 3?
I notice the old fences around all have 2 horizontal rails for the boards to attach to. I've also noticed that new specs often show 3 rails, without comment. I'm thinking that this might be...
25
25

Power tool may have started wildfire
As it was being used to clear brush in response to fire regulations. "Some Santa Barbara County residents recently received annual notices advising them they had until June 1 to clear potentially...
9
9

Moss removal
My mother lives on the ground floor of a condo. Her patio floor is aggregate and there is a lot of moss growing on the floor. Does anyone have an easy solution for getting rid of the moss? Pressure...
11
11