Subject Author Posted Replies

Self Level Concrete Compound
I have a landing area that leads to the front door. It is about 7'x7', about 6" above the driveway, bounded by the front door, two walls on the side and the ceiling. Right now it has 6"x6"...
4
4

Critique / suggestions on design of PVC practice net
I want to build a backstop (frontstop?) out of PVC and netting to use in the back yard to practice golf shots. I would appreciate any comments on suggestions on my basic design. It will be a 3-piece...
3
3

Bosch Laser Rangefinder
After a few days use of the Bosch DLR 165 Rangefinder, I'm convinced that it deserves a place with the trusty Fat Max measuring tape. The nice digital readout is great for compensating for age...
18
18

Installing fence over buried power lines?
Any comments or suggestions on installing a fence over buried high voltage power lines. I had the power company come out and mark out their power lines. There is no problem with the 220V lines to my...
8
8

OT Charmin bathroom tissue
Everytime I see that commercial, I want the bear to pick up a rabbit to wipe his butt. Anyway...My aunt says not to use charmin bathroom tissue. She says the tissue does not break down in the septic...
33
33

Latex Handle Liquid?
I remember seeing some liquid stuff a while back, where you could dip the handle of a metal tool into it, pull it out, let it cure and you have a rubber grip. What is this stuff called so I know what...
9
9

Finally Samsung agrees to replace fridge
After months of a broken down fridge that was only 14 months old when it broke, Samsung has finally agreed it is unrepairable. Even after they agreed to replace it took over two weeks before they...

How to adjust paper-grabber in home Xerox machine?
We have this table-top Xerox machine we got from Staples. Worked just fine for a couple of years. Now, however, it has a hard time grabbing the next piece of blank paper -- grabs two, then ERROR. Pain...
10
10

OT - TV digital converter box coupons
Just bringing this up because the converters have been discussed here before. I'd ordered two coupons when they first came out. Not realizing that they would expire after 90 days, I held onto them...
14
14

Fence over underground wiring
I would like to put a fence up at the back of my yard, but it would need to go in over existing underground high voltage wires. Not the usual 220V but the main underground lines to the local...
11
11

refrigerator: summer: less heat-loss? Hang wide plastic-strip inside?
refrigerator: summer: less heat-loss? Hang wide plastic-strip inside? Sometime big-box stores with cold-rooms (for milk, eggs, etc), having a two-shopping-carts-wide entrance, will hang down...
9
9

Homeowners insurance accuracy of initial application?
We're shopping around for homeowners insurance as it appears we can find policies these days a lot cheaper than the one we have (might have something to do with the real estate crash and insurance...
36
36

New hazard from gas-powered string trimmers?
Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of safety goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99% Protection From U.V." Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet...
5
5

Nails for door frame
I know, generally one would use framing nails either by hand or gun, but what size nails are appropriate for an interior prehung door and frame? This is a prefabbed 6 panel hung door you buy from Home...
7
7

Blood coming out of shower head
My wife went to take a shower this morning and blood came out of the shower head. I was shocked when I saw her run out of the shower naked and all covered with red blood. I quickly took her out on the...
10
10