Subject Author Posted Replies

refinishing interior door, oversanded?
ok i have never done any work with wood and am having difficulty. I am restaining a door to a darker color. i chose to strip it by power sanding through the finish. when i applied the stain it...
11
11

GE Profile Fridge not cooling
We have a GE Profile side by side (TPX24BIY or maybe TPX24SIY) which is plenty cold in the freezer side but barely cooling on the fridge side. It's running continuously. I know from past...
5
5

Cement slab, creative uses
In my yard is a cement slab about 6 by 8 feet, and 3-4 inches thick. It was the floor of a play house built decades ago and long since rotted away. The slab is pretty much useless now because a large...
15
15

Leaking shower......stumped
I noticed my shower was leaking when I saw water on the lower wall in my living room. To try and find the problem I didn't use the shower for 3 months to let it hopefully dry out. I then did the...
12
12

Washable spray paint, powder, or chalk?
I would like to find some type of paint or chalk or powder or something that I can use on a practice mat (and even on grass) to show me exactly where the sole of my golf club is making contact. I am...
6
6

Alarm system help needed
I am looking for some advice. My mother's house was wired up for an alarm system at one time using security screens, door switches and some window switches. For some reason, the wires going to the...
18
18

Whirlpool convertible dishwasher - no water inside
Prior thread: enough, I finally got around to pulling the motor off this thing. The label on the motor says "s37nxgf-240". I hooked it up directly to a power strip plugged into 110VAC, and it just...
4
4

Trying to figure out a cut on a table saw
I'm trying to make a couple of folding sawhorses. My own design. :-) Two 36" 2x4's for the top, fastened together at the bottom edge with a pair of door hinges. On each end of each 2x4,...
8
8

Garage Door Opener problem
This is a Craftsman unit, about 12 years old. It uses the chain, but has worked fine. Today, the door would not go up and down. The unit buzzes (loud) like the motor is trying to run, but the chain...
17
17

Breaker panel questions
When the mfr specifies the max. # of breaker poles, are the 2 poles on the main breaker considered in the total? Is it kosher to wirenut 2 wires together and pigtail to a breaker
10
10

Water Heater/ Vacation Setting ?
I would like to lower the temperature of my water heater. I put it all the way on the low side, in fact, it says "Vacation" when set on the lowest setting. Two days later, I still get VERY hot water...
14
14

Vertex water heaters
Now qualify for the federal tax credit for energy efficency:) This news from a local dealer....... Who wants about $2200.00 installed Wonder what the payback period is? Its a great option for those...
1
1

Resurfacing Inground Pool Black Bottom vs. Pebble Finish Pros & Cons
We are planning to resurfacing our inground pool. We now have Tahoe Blue and we are not real happy with it. We would like to have it resurfaced. Could anyone give us some pros and cons to a black...
1
1

Backsplash: Tiles over Painted Drywall?
My tile experience has been on replacement floors or over cement board. I (well, SWMBO) want to put a tile backsplash above the backsplash built into the kitchen countertop. The wall is painted (many...
5
5

Homemade concrete mixer
Anybody have the link to an article on fashioning a concrete mixer from a washing-machine tub, some pipes, a small electric motor, and, possibly, lard? Thanks.
17
17