Subject Author Posted Replies

bathroom fan-light-heat
I'm going to replace my 35 year old bathroom fan-light-heater combo that has been in the house since it was built. The new one is also fan-light-heat. I haven't done this before and am looking...
2
2

door knob mounting hole
All of the door knobs in house are brand Dexter. The knobs are approaching 25 years old. They are all mounted in 1 7/8" holes. Q1: Are there other door knob manufacturers that make 1 7/8" hardware? If...
9
9

jomax cleaner
Friend told me to get some Jomax to use for cleaning my deck. I went to Lowes (only store near by ) and noticed two different kinds. Forget exactly what the package said, but one seemed for roofs and...
1
1

U brackets, nailing
I have some U-shaped brackets that I'm nailing into a 4x4 post. The brackets will hold a 2x4 stringer. The nailing hole in the bracket is in the base of the "U", and it's hard to nail the nail...
6
6

Phone jack woes? Any experts?
I've tried researching this and I am now completely confused by all the web page advice and really don't want to read about RJ's cat5, etc. any more :>0 1970-era home. Replacing old...
15
15

Using paint remover on clothing
Found a nice bathrobe my neighbor had discarded; in good shape, except there were a few small splotches of white paint on it. Took it in, glopped some of my paint remover (3M Safest Stripper) on the...
3
3

Home Depot return policy
I'm guessing someone on this list knows. I returned a water heater, today. Purchased Jan 26, 2004. Six year warranty. The returns desk refunded me my original $198 or whatever it was (including...
28
28

Fluidmaster problem - getting the cap off
Please respond ASAP - I won't have Internet access after 40 minutes! My model is black with a white cap. The toilet won't stop running unless I lift the arm on the Fluidmaster, after which it...
3
3

Propane report
OK, I took a dead empty tank to the Ft Myers Campground today for a fill. They are the ones who crack the bleeder and fill until the liquid squirts out (those yankee campers won't trust anything...
29
29

Yard Machines tiller experience, anyone?
I have a Yard Machines tiller, 5.5 horse engine, that is about 2.5 years old. It works well enough, but after 2 years (right after the warranty expired) the handle broke. I'm guessing it just...
2
2

House paint color programs
Are there any free computer programs that allow you to enter a photo of a building and easily try different color combinations, to help you pick a color for painting.
2
2

knot sealer?
What is the best knot sealer for pine wood?
6
6

Which Fixture do we need most?
Shit outside, take a sponge bath and get a kitchen sink.You can piss in it too.
3
3

What is AIR ENTRAINING portland cement?
Damn, is Google broken again?
7
7

[SOLVED] How to get a towel out of the toilet?
On 5/27/2009 11:08 PM spake thus: You didn't say whether or not the toilet was clogged--is it? If not, I wouldn't sweat it; the towel will eventually clear your drain. If it is clogged,...
27
27