Subject Author Posted Replies

Ge clarifies the instructions.
Well, today a pair of 40 watt fluorescents in the kitchen finally gave up an quit. So off I went to my local big box store and bought a 2-pack of replacements. I put them in and they worked . OK, what...
3
3

Drip irrig. tubing - what's longest lasting in sun
Twenty five years ago I built two large drip irrigation systems at homes in coastal (cool) Southern California. The main lines at one home are falling apart -cracking - wherever they have been exposed...
1
1

When not to use synthetic grease on o-rings?
I have a tube of Tri-Flow synthetic grease and I am tempted to use it on all o-rings and gaskets that will be exposed to water. But I'd like to know, is there ever a kind of water seal that I...
9
9

Battery Shelf Life
I live in Florida and have accumulated a large collection of batteries for use in case of power outages. The expiration date on most of them say 2012 to 2013. Is there a device I can get to test these...
52
52

9v battery overheats
What would cause a 9v Duracell battery to heat up beyond (est.) 150 Fahr., not in use but when removed and in a trouser pocket? Aftter storing away the CO1 detector for the summer months, I pocketed...
9
9

My toilet is running
It just went past me doing about 65 miles per hour. How can I stop it? (And I thought they only had toilet races on Sundays).

Me again with the fridge problem
Hi all, my original post is below; "I have a problem with my fridge, it is a side by side. The top half of both sides are not cold, all the food in the top half of the freezer side is thawed and only...
11
11

Man Scrambled by Satellite Dish
June 5, 2009 Denver Colorado A 59 year old man was scrambled this morning when the satellite dish became detached from his roof and attacked him. A witness said the dish began rotating very rapidly....
8
8

OT?: Tiny Woodburning Project
I've got a small one-time woodburning project for which I need to burn about 20 alphabetic characters onto a chunk of cedar 2x6". Got a little Weller burning iron. I've been trying to layout...
4
4

Ennybody use the new endoscopes?
I saw several endoscope type devices at the Borg the other day. I have to admit, there's been many a time when being able to see around a corner, or inside a wall would have been a big help....
1
1

stop bed from rocking
my bed has a poor design, had i realized it then i wouldn't have bought it. so, it sways, but not a little, i could get seasick just from my dog jumping on it. the swaying is lengthwise. the...
10
10

IC Light Fixture too hot to touch
I replaced two recessed light fixtures with IC fixtures (Halo H5ICAT Air-Tite IC Housing) so I can insulate the attic around them. After I was done with lights and fiberglass insualtion , but before I...
2
2

keeping electrical conductivity on screw thread
26
26

OTA antenna mount
I need to mount my new TV antenna on my house. There is no way a tower would go over in my neighborhood, so let's not get into that discussion. I would like to mount the antenna near the peak. I...
29
29

Home aircon repair
Which is the best site for deatiled info on fixing your home aircon. Got some problems here! :(
7
7