Subject Author Posted Replies

Fluorescent Tubes
Been 20 years since the tubes in the laundry room were replaced, and these new tubes flicker for about 30 seconds before becoming bright. Is this just a slow warm-up process due to their supposed...
8
8

Is EMI/RMI filter working ?
I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a standard 3-prong outlet. It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a sticker on it that says EMI/RFI...
4
4

Help: Amana dryer lg8109s2
Our dryer quit heating and I read on a web page that replacing the coils will do the trick. My question. Is this the part I should replace? s Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image...
2
2

Front Porch
I have a concrete front porch that needs some help. There are the obvious repairs that I know what to do with, but...The surface is uneven and has a small valley in it, along with a lengthwise crack...
2
2

Broken Concrete: Disposal
I've generated about 6 yards of concrete chunks that need to find a new home. So far, I've determined: My local recycling facility will take it and U$ 55.00 FOB their site which is about 12...
5
5

If anyone has installed a Solar Hot Water system, can u tell us about it and post pics please ?
Im currently designing an Open/Direct system for 100 percent of my domestic hot water needs. (Im in Florida and dont have to be concerned with freezing ). Please share your system and/or technical...

running electrical lines above-ground?
Hi all: I am going to be trying to add an electrical circuit to a gazebo that is being placed in a backyard that is already completed/grown out. I don't think it would be possible to dig a trench...
4
4

Wood Bath Mat
Hi All, I was wondering if anybody has ever used a wooden bath mat. I saw a nice example in myer and I was wondering if they work well. I was also wondering if anybody has made one. The ones I have...
9
9

What kind of weed
I have this weed that I cannot get rid of. It is surrounding my sweet basil, radishes and zucchini. I am hesitant of using a weed killer. If I knew what it is, I could Google it and get some specific...
12
12

Consumer Reports review of Cool Surge portable air cooler
Thought you might be interested in this take on the Cool Surge portable air cooler.
5
5

GFI wiring problem
I have a partially-dead GFI circuit: This circuit powers two electrical outlet in the back bedrom and a light in a bathroom, as well as a wall outlet in that bathroom which has a GFI receptacle. I...
12
12

Insulating above a Drop ceiling . Question.
Im going to have about 2' in the center above the drop ceiling, and of course a decreasing height as you move toward the exterior walls. Which is more effective ?: Insulate all the way up, or,...
2
2

Unreliable voltage detector
I have a Greenlee GT-11 voltage detector, practically new. It's about the size and shape of a magic marker, but instead of a felt tip it has a flat blade with which to probe for live voltage....
21
21

holes in foundation repair suggestion?
I have two holes in my foundation presumably from improper gutter placement and the water drain/laid right around these areas of the foundation. Once this has been rectified, how should I go about...
4
4

Water pressure low in kitchen
The water pressure in our kitchen faucet has dropped to a little more than a trickle, but is fine in the bathrooms and laundry room. I think it may have been happening gradually over a period of time...
4
4