Subject Author Posted Replies

Old kItchen sink
The old sink has 4 faucet holes, each center 4" to the next center. So, a new 2-handle faucet with sprayer is a natural fit. Will any of the 1-handle (Delta-style) faucets with sprayer fit proper on...
3
3

foundation repair advice?
A part of my foundation has been in need of repair for quite some time. I now have the opportunity to do this, but after looking at it today, I'm not sure I can handle the task. I really want to...
14
14

Old kItchen sink
The old sink has 4 faucet holes, 4" apart. So, a new 2-handle faucet with sprayer should fit OK. Will any of the 1-handle (Delta-style) faucets with sprayer fit proper on such a sink, with the base...
1
1

Does NEC require a Main Breaker Panel inside the home?
My brother is purchasing a home in Vermont and the following is holding up the negotiations after home inspection; he's trying to decide if the seller should pay for this (whether it's worth...
38
38

Electric Clothes Dryer Problem
Our ten year old electric dryer isn't working. The light inside comes on, but nothing happens when we push the button to start drying. A month or two ago, one of the two power fuses blew....
13
13

hardwood floors -- deciding on options
I am near the end of having a 2 BR apartment remodeled in a building that I own. The 2 bedrooms had old wall-to-wall carpet in them and I took that up. The living room had a Pergo laminate floor in...
20
20

Need paint?
Use caution. And safety goggles. "Spokane fire officials said the man was seriously burned when he used a cordless drill to penetrate the [spray] can."
15
15

This time it's not the HOA
"[TOLEDO, Ohio] Some people in Ohio complain they received $25 parking tickets last week when their vehicles were parked in their own driveways. "[The mayor] defends the citations, saying they were...
6
6

You can come get the money I owe you...
These self-centered "me" generation people are really something! I did some free remodeling work for a young friend about 10 months ago. Prior to doing this work, my friend assured me he would...
18
18

Ethanol In Garden Tractors, Lawn Mowers
Years ago I was told not to use automotive oil in garden tractors and lawn mowers but rather oil especially formulated for those devices, such as brands bearing the names "Briggs and Stratton," "Cub...
60
60

Nice store clerk
I was at Lowe's and the clerk ass if he could help me. I said I need a water hammer. He said I'll go ask my boss, i'm not familiar with those.
15
15

how to level a long chalkline?
I'm cutting off the bottom 20" of my t1-11 panel siding to replace it and want to cut it off straight. The bottom edges of the siding are rotten, so I can't just measure up from those 20" as a...
50
50

Shed project: Roof trusses
I welcome any criticism on my roof plans. I'm not a structural engineer, I'm only making educated guesses, and I promise you won't hurt my feelings with good suggestions! The lumber...
2
2

Underperforming toilet.
The toilet at our camp is not flushing properly. When flushed, the bowl will rise, but the whirlpool will not form. After a few minutes, the water level will fall but the bowl is never flushed. If I...
32
32

deck step measurement (confused)
I have stumbled onto something that I don't know how to accurately measure. I've got a low deck (21" above ground), and I am trying to cut 2x8 stringers to enclose the two required steps. I...
15
15