Subject Author Posted Replies

Tankless toilet
It may not be convenient or a good idea, but you can use them in houses.
8
8

Moldy Wiring
I just fired an electrician. He worked her here all week and from the looks of his work, I thought he was doing a good job. Today he tells me that to put the ceiling fan in the living room he has to...
4
4

Used equipment fun
Ran across a web site auctioning surplus government equipment. Suppose you have a roofing business and want to make an impression. Pull up to your customer in a FIRE TRUCK that holds all your...
6
6

Septic tank question
I've got a standard concrete septic tank setup. I recently dug down about 10 - 12 inchs to uncover the two inspection / maintenance holes, whcih are about 20 inches in diameter. My question: is...
32
32

New Ryobi tool ?
Saw an ad in the Home Depot weekly circular. It showed a set of headphones that were adaptable with an MP3 Player. This would be a great idea if I didn't have to buy an additional MP3 player and...

Slightly OT -- Goodbye Verizon
Bell Telephone always had outstanding customer service. Verizon customer service, OTOH, has always sucked, all the way back when they were GTE (Generally Terrible Electronics).
5
5

At least 700,000 people still have questions about DTV transition
According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the federal hotline set up to hear calls relating to the mandatory DTV transition has had over 700,000 calls since Friday morning, the day the...
9
9

Leak/mold at base of finished basement wall
Thank you all for your kind advice! What I ended up doing, all things considered (including that I am not selling the home "as is" at all cuz I've renovated much of it - and the OSB was painted...
3
3

Which oscillating multi-function tool to buy?
I know that the Fein Multimaster is supposed to be the gold standard but at $200+ for even the base model (and $400 for the Top with quick change, case, and attachments), the tool seems quite...
42
42

HOA strikes again
"[FT WORTH AREA]Tuesday morning, Simmons pulled his SUV up onto his Mansfield lawn and close to his front door to unload several heavy bags of laundry from work. He then left the vehicle there while...
29
29

Mold in DAP Spackling Paste
I bought some DAP CrackSHOT Spackling Paste a few months ago. It been stored indoors. I recently found something dark green growing on the surface. I scooped the bad material out. Anyone had that...
8
8

Fence post question - attach to house or not?
I'm running a wood panel fence up to the corner of my house. Question: is there any reason not to attach a fence post to the house itself? I've seen people around here do it both ways - sink a...
23
23

Fix crack/chip in colored concrete
We have a large patio with retaining walls on both ends. It is colored, stamped concrete. It has a crack running from the house out to the lawn. I was thinking it may be a good idea to somehow seal...
3
3

How to spare yersef limitless grief if you are still in the job market
The guy who did a head and valve job on my motorhome accidently stepped on my oil dip stick... put a kink in that sucker. wouldnt work after that. its a long one 42 inches. Grreat valve job though,...
6
6

Cool Seal concrete coating around the pool - How make - clean and maintain.
We have a pool that has some kind of "cool seal" coating over the concrete surrounding the pool. I believe it is about 20 years old. Over the years it has gotten dirty and been pressure washed and...
3
3