Subject Author Posted Replies

Pre-painted cast iron
For iron to be cast, it needs to be molten. Iron is molten at around 2800 degrees F. You can have any color you want as long as it is grey.
6
6

Upgrading 230V 50A outlet to 60A
Hi, I currently have a 50A 220v breaker installed in my carport, which I would like to upgrade to a 60A. The reason for this is the compressor I'm looking at is 10HP and uses 44 amps. I guess I...
3
3

Septic tank question
Sometimes my water sample comes back with a high bacteria count. I have started inserting a small chlorine "puck" in the filter case in the plumbing once a week. Will this put enough chlorine in the...
1
1

plumbing - fix urinal piping
House built 1949. Wall hung urinal install 15-20 years ago by myself. Two problems need fixing: 1 Urinal pipe seems to clog which I undersand is from a buildup of something in the urine. 2 Sink...
5
5

Abrasive additives for ordinary pressure washers?
I don't own a pressure washer, but I was thinking of buying one. Probably gasoline powered, not intending to pay more than $1000. I was wondering if it's possible to set one of those units up...
2
2

Electric Question
If you have a flickering refrigerator light due to a loose connection, does the removal of the light bulb eliminate the threat of arcing?
15
15

Cementing plexiglass
I need to glue a plesiglass shelf to plexiglass sides. I cannot use screws (visual reasons). What adhesive would you recommend for a long-lasting, solid fix?
5
5

Ref: Too much Michael Jackson!
QUOTE: " ... recent deaths of great scientists, artists, others who advanced the good of humanity (who) get maybe 3 lines in an obit. But the media (which apparently has nothing else to write...
1
1

doorstop
I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small piece of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw...
5
5

Viessmann Boiler and Beckett burner not staying lit
System was put in new in 2007 have had problems with it from day 1. The installers have replaced nossels ,transformers, ignighter added oil filtertion and even replaced the original boiler. It will...
1
1

Water heater backflow.
Our cold water faucets always produce an initial stream of hot water before the cold starts. I believe it has to do with the expansion tank on the heater. There is a check valve on the water line that...
11
11

Main breaker location
A friend has a breaker box with Cutler Hammer breakers. in a 125 Amp box I saw some 20 and 40 amp breakers but no main breaker. One of them is BR2020 for the 20 amp breaker. Where is the main breaker...
24
24

Steel roof installed over battens
My new steel roof was screwed directly to the battens without decking. I've got one gable vent and a new turbine vent. I hear that condensation can be an issue. Can anyone tell me what the options...
4
4

Window Sill tiles scratched with carborundum stone
The tiled window sill on the front of our house had been painted years ago and the paint was peeling off. So although a long job I patiently scraped off all the paint. Then discovered that a couple...
13
13

Honda Generaor Maintenance question?
Gents; I have a Honda ES6500 generator which is/has been serving me very well for many years. Yesterday I was doing routing maintenance and noticed that the oil level was low. Therefore I filled it up...
3
3