Subject Author Posted Replies

laminate floor over cruddy vinyl tile -- subfloor?
I have a home office, which I want to re-floor with floating laminate (Pergo, locking glueless). I pulled up the old carpet and pad, and discovered (instead of the nice neat concrete I was hoping for)...
9
9

Garden hose
I have two of the home depot variety "kink free" garden hoses. They are far from kink free, in fact they kink all the time when you stretch them out. When you roll them back up you have to keep...
22
22

Product recall
"18,500 of its 2009 [Volkswagen] Routan minivans are being recalled because their owner's manuals don't include a required warning not to put items on or near the airbag." Note there's...
3
3

t1-11 z-flashing and water
I'm working on a project to replace the bottom 20" of t1-11 type siding on my house. I cut and stained new 20" sheets (including edge staining). I cut off the bottom 20" of siding from the house....
21
21

Hornets have a good work ethic
On Monday, my wife discovered that we had a hornet's nest in a tree in our front yard, about the size of a football. Lots of activity. She wanted it gone, so I found in the basement a can of...
15
15

Sheet-metal nibbler: pneumatic vs. hand-powered
I want to cut some sheet steel. I expect I might have to make several feet of cuts at a time, and I might need to make ten feet of cuts in a few months. I expect the material will be 304 stainless or...
7
7

Staining Concrete
My concrete guy is MIA. He poured concrete, and stamped half of it. I need to clean up the job with a power washer, as he got a little fresh on old. Nothing major, and I've got a MONDO power...
7
7

Crack in Cinder block retaining wall.
What do i use to repair a crack in the wall ?
5
5

What kind of saw should I use?
What kind of saw should I use to cut off my husband's penis? I want the job done quick and easy with minimal mess. Once it's off, it goes down the toilet where the penis of a filthy cheating...
12
12

Repair rough spot ("chip") in granite countertop
We have a variegated red/orange/gray/black granite countertop. While cleaning it, I notice a couple of small (dime size) very shallow depressions with a rough surface. I'm not sure if it is due to...
3
3

HELP: out-of-square door, weather stripping
'k, got my power bill for last month: $560. Unacceptable. I went to replace the weatherstripping on my metal entrace door. It's the kind with a saw kerf in the jamb. Afterwards, I still see...
6
6

Toto Toiliet Won't Stop Filling
I have a Toto Toiliet with a Power Gravity flush system, which I admit is not like the old float ball I'm used to. Anyway, it won't shut off about half the time after a flush. Do I replace the...
1
1

NuvoH2O Saltless Water Softener Experiences
I've been looking at the NuvoH2O Saltless Water Softener as an alternative to a larger brine based system. Does anyone here have any experience with them? Thoughts?
14
14

Paint overspray prevention?
I have not so far used my Magnum paint sprayer, but when my wife mentioned to our neighbor that I was planning to use it to paint our wood siding, she (the neighbor) expressed great concern that the...
16
16

AC compressor mounted on bracket?
Ryan Homes is building a bunch of homes nearby. The basement walls are poured concrete and the AC compressor is supported by a hefty bracket bolted to the wall - a foot or so above grade. Why are they...
9
9