Subject Author Posted Replies

How were Kitchen Counter Tops Attached?
I hope you're not suggesting putting Quartz ($$$) on 50 year old cabinets. Are you suuuure you wanna do that? I don't see many 50 year old cabinets in great shape, either functionally or aesthetically...
2
2

Sealer for wood floor
What is a good finish that will minimize scratches on a wood floor? Is polyurethane a good choice? Thanks, Andy
6
6

Briggs & Stratton specs
Does anyone know the allowable shaft play on the B & S engines? It moves about in and out .020" on mine. The oil seal is leaking and has to be replaced, but I'm wondering if the .020 is normal or...
7
7

Sealcoat a new driveway????
My neighbor just had a new asphalt driveway laid and a sealcoat contractor told him he 'needs to' sealcoat the driveway 'now' to protect it. I can't find out if that is really true...
41
41

nail gun sparking
Just got a DeWalt 15 ga. finish nailer. On every nail it sparks noticably. Is this normal? I've used a Bostitch finish nailer and it doesn't do this, nor does my framer or brad nailer.
2
2

How is blade on old Snapper push mower supposed to be held on?
On a 70's era 21" Snapper push mower, the end of the shaft is larger than the rest of the shaft. I don't have it in front of me to measure but the last maybe 1/4 inch of the shaft is...
2
2

Uncut spots with B&D electric lawnmower
My Black and Decker electric lawnmower leaves a lot of uncut spots, or more precisely narrow strips and little round areas. 12 amps. Model 525, the model which preceded the current model 575. The...
5
5

What's a good way to seal joints of plastic drain pipe?
I have several sections of 4 inch corrugated drain pipe that are pieced together with several snap-on T connectors. All of this is above-ground, and the problem is that they are leaking a noticeable...
7
7

Liquid falling in Over the Stove microwave (2023 Update)
Hi, I have a Maytag over the stove microwave. it works great but few weeks back, i saw sticky liquid falling from right side back corner of this mircowave. i cleaned it but saw this sticky liquid...
3
3

who makes this generator ?
do you know who makes this and how is their reputation compared to honda ?
6
6

Threaded rod padding
One place where I go, now and again. There is a vertical, metal ladder. At the top, there is a threaded rod, for a hand hold. The threads cut into my fingers, when I grab on. Someone had wrapped this...
12
12

Hey PETA, Screw Wildlife
It sounds like you should move back to the city. Country life is too stressful for you.
30
30

TDS is Higher with Water Softener - Why?
A couple months ago we received a letter from the company that put in our water system with some specials they were running on their new, more efficient systems. I called them up and the guy said he...
21
21

Getting rid of 'water bugs'
I'm in Ft Worth TX and have just recently been getting what I would call 'water bugs' (dark brown, about 3/4" long, look like BIG roaches) in my kitchen and bathroom. Do you have a...
19
19

Sun Protection for Central a/c Condensing Unit
It is not as important as it may seem. While the shell will get quite hot, not much of that heat gets beyond the shell. When the unit is operating it is drawing lots of air in and that air is at air...
4
4