Subject Author Posted Replies

Pipeline welder salary $250,000/year
I saw an interview with an oil pipeline guy. The welders can make $250 thousand per year. Pay seems to start at $20/hour and goes up to $50/hour for other guys on the crews.
9
9

the hiiden lives of mole rats
Friend or Foe? Naked Mole Rats Can Tell By A Unique Squeak What sounds like a large study found that different colonies had different "languages". They are almost blind and live in underground...

OT. Mike Rowe "Returning the Favor" Cancelled
Facebook cancelled Mike's show.
5
5

Connecting another phone to a full patch panel
Hello, I have a telephone wiring question. First, the background. This is where I am now: There is a primitive looking patch panel in my basement, about 38 years old, to which all my phone wiring is...
5
5

OT. Close Call, Nuke Bomb
The tv story I saw was apparently a bit misleading. It's "Mysteries of the Unknown". (S1,E18) A plane hauling two nuke bombs lost a wing and crashed. The tv story made it sound as if only a couple...
2
2

12vdc car battery charger
My 40 year old steel case 6 amp automotive battery charger finally died. I only want to replace it (and I don't want a contraption that jumps cars). I just want a new 120VAC simple sturdy 12VDC...
57
57

Heater boiler problem
There were several repairs done on the heating boilers (not water heaters) in this building, about two months ago. I had a new T&P (temperature and pressure relief valve?) installed, at their...
15
15

Excessive voltage drop at outlet cause induction cooktop to not work
I have an outlet with excessive voltage drop when I plug in an induction cooktop (1000 watt). The outlet measures 120 but the voltage drops to 105 when the cooktop is plugged in. The cooktop stops...
9
9

electric charging stations
When you charge your car at a charging station, is it much more expensive than doing it at home? Is it faster? How much more expensive or faster is it?
1
1

Smart Electrician timer with 6 outlets timer SP-043 need instructions
I need instructions on how to use a 6 outlet timer SP-043 timer with 6 covered outlets.
11
11

Ko-z-Aire furnace
I have a furnace from 1958 Ko-z -Aire. Trying to find some information in regard to is there any asbestos of any kind inside of the furnace? Cannot find too much information or even who owns the...
8
8

Leaky wall-mounted kitchen faucet
It needs new washers every few weeks. Replacement units are under $100, but I've been looking for 'washerless' with no success. I assume that modern units are ALL washerless so nobody mentions it....
24
24

Have you checked your dryer vent?
I cannot imagine the dryer working at all with this
10
10

Curious letter from the doctor.
For other reasons -- one of their PAs screwed up -- I looked at my so-called Patient Portal and found I'd gotten this letter** from the medical practice, last Friday, 6 days ago. I do this once a year...
1
1

fireplace won't start
I have a fireplace that was working and then I felt like I wasn,t getting enough heat out of it so I tried an axial fan to push some heat out . it worked for a little while then it blew out the fire...
2
2