Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaky Vent Pipe
I noticed a water bubble on my bedroom ceiling, so I went in the attic to investigate. It turns out a pipe that vents to the roof had become disconnected at the first joint, so I just re-connected it....
8
8

Old Goop on Drain Pipes - What is it?
Often when I take apart OLD plastic drain piping under sinks I find some really sticky brown material on the threads. Usually I see it on black ABS pipe. Apparently put on by plumbers long ago. Stuff...
2
2

grip surface for exterior stairs
Hi, What are some good materials to place on the tread for my exterior stairs? I've thought of thin wire (may cause a toe to catch on it though) and roof shingles (which easily shed/wear), but I...
1
1

screws or nails for exterior stairs?
I'm rebuilding my exterior stairs, and will be joining treated 2x lumber. Should I use screws or nails to join the stringers to the supports? How about for attaching the treads? thanks
4
4

garage door know how
If you wage a DIY war, obtain guidance! Replacing broken torsion springs on a garage door. Shop for Residential & Commercial Garage Door Springs, Parts, Motors, Extension Springs, Dock Leveler Parts,...
3
3

Need advice on fence inserts
We need privacy inserts on our fence near the pool. It's a typical 4' high chainlink fence , with 1 1/4" spacing. It seems exorbitant/expensive online, and neither Lowe's or the Depot seem...
1
1

costco honda generator
costco is selling this weekend a honda gx390 13hp powered briggs&stratton rig for under 1k the unit is listed as 7000 watts running power with surge power at 12000 watts is there something in the...
145
145

How to finish a cherry butcher block counter top
Bought an 8 foot by 25 inch 1-1/2" thick cherry butcher block. It is unfinished. Want to use it on a kitchen island with a small vegetable sink in it. How should I go about finishing (sealing?) it....
6
6

It's NOT okay to shoot gerbils
" found out it's not OK to shoot raccoons and gerbils in the village after a neighbor called police July 1 to report someone was discharging a .22 caliber rifle in a back yard... He told police...
8
8

WhirlPool Refrigerator Shelf Stud Retention?
Starting a new thread, because Google apparently thinks the original thread from May is too old to reply to. I swear Google assigns their stupidest employees to Group software development. And my ISP...
1
1

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose. Shane
33
33

Underlayment fastener
I'm replacing the vinyl floor in our kitchen with a porcelain tile floor. When I removed the old vinyl and the particle board underlayment I found it was fastened with a fastener type that I...
7
7

seeking advise for shed project
Planning to build a 10' X 12' storage shed and have some questions....Right now just want to work out plan for foundation...I want to construct this thing so that the floor sits about 1 foot...
24
24

Harbor Freight 20% Coupon 7/10-7/13
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week=2809&campaign=RetailC&page=2809_retailC.html&r=5069_447810...